PFALZ D.III(A) - 1/32 by Wingnut Wings

elmarriachi

One more amazing kit from Wingnut Wings - this time the Pfalz D.IIIa will be the next World War I airplane on my desk.

I have started with the interior as always. All later wooden parts were painted in a light beige first with the airbrush, then oil colors followed next to make the final wooden effect. On the inside of the hull the skewed wooden slats werde each separately painted with a cotton bud then ...

96nr3gf8.jpg

wqnnexl2.jpg

j3t4wpu7.jpg

mvuq6edl.jpg

tf5ovqmd.jpg

7mpfkkfm.jpg

bmwe98tr.jpg[

Now I wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

Cheers

Micha

Yuss! I love these planes! I tried building the Roden 1:72 kit once, and I ended up with three of the Eduard 1:48 kits... I guess acquiring the WNW kit and decals for Degelow or another Jasta 40 machine is a foregone conclusion...

Darren

• 2 weeks later...
The Mercedes D.III engine put together, then added some wiring. After that started with the painting of the engine in black, aluminium and then the details with a fine brush....

A first step of weathering was done with oil colors.... 

85f353dq.jpg

opf866xv.jpg

syi785t6.jpg

r28nevf6.jpg

2t7b4q3m.jpg

mqp85bkt.jpg

Cheers

Micha

Nice engine, I recommend to check the interior colour once again. I think Pfalz fuselages were made of veneer strips glued together and reinforced with fabric layers, also covered by fabric from inside and outside.

Edited by Jan_K

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello

after having finished the interior, added the steering lines (EZ-Line) with super glue. 

Then both halfs of the hull were glued together around the interior. The seams closed with some putty, cleaning and sanding ..... 

3stnkocv.jpg

njh73jte.jpg

qg4apxog.jpg

9zwwqyam.jpg

9o984c4y.jpg

dqg4jrrv.jpg

Now further details follow ....

Cheers

Micha

• 3 weeks later...
Hello.

I have painted the outside of the Pfalz now. After a grey primer I have sprayed the front area in red, which I have mixed from several red tones from Lifecolor.

Once dry I have masked it and sprayed Tamiya blue on the rest. The underside of the fuselage and the wings is neutral grey with a few drops of Aluminium.

lgbzy9to.jpg

w6b3mwc6.jpg

hanhhkfx.jpg

9ktdpypn.jpg

7b7m8k5s.jpg

Next follow the decals, detail painting, the rips of the wings, oil color matt clear coat .... 

Cheers

Micha

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

the decals of the airplane of Robert Berthold are done, a layer with clear coat fixed the decals and secure it for the weathering.

A layer of black/brown oil color on everything followed, wiped away with a cloath after a few minutes. 

The rips of the wings were lightened with white pastells, then a layer of matt clear coat followed on everything ...

lqn98f43.jpg

9xozmox9.jpg

9kz9kzqj.jpg

zodmbbrv.jpg

9pdtb6mm.jpg

7xlmx22b.jpg

dvf9znhj.jpg

4gc6pri5.jpg

Cheers

Micha

Hello,

after the mounting of the upper wing I have added the pipework between engine and wing, then started the rigging. 

The turnbuckles are from Gaspatch Models and glued in drilled holes. Once dry I have glued EZ-Line through the turnbuckles, stretched it and glued it in place.

Some adjustment of the turnbuckles will follow.

k5eu9aek.jpg

zusom9xf.jpg

9itp57hu.jpg

fru5glsj.jpg

og9ak8zb.jpg

sdcjtbjz.jpg

si5ex9ms.jpg

ukctsopz.jpg

edw7lmuz.jpg

Next I will add the landing gear and the propeller ...

Cheers

Micha