Six Camels!!

Guest Smitty44

Message from Dave at Weta postee at HS here it is copy and pasted.

Hi Everyone,

We are aware that there is an issue with the consolidation of multiple items for a pre-order of the Sopwith Camel.

Currently we have turned off the ability for Pre Orders from the Weta Store for the Sopwith Camel, and will will be in touch with those who have placed a pre-order shortly.

We will provide an update soon once the issue has been fully looked into.

Thanks

Dave

Um, why? Always had great service from them....

Well I have my reasons based off conversation at a IPMS nationals with the the owner years ago. I don't want to derail this thread further but reader's digest version is my beef with them is more of a long term business view of theirs vs a service issue. I'll get flamed big time if I went into details so we will just leave it at that.

Back on topic... I will wait to see how WnW deals with this before I make a decision one way or the other. They have always been on the ball up until the WETA deal so hopefully the can make it right.

Edited by The Dude

Thanks. Did they reply to confirm the orders were cancelled?

Got an acknowledgement of my e-mails and a "We'll get back to you during out normal (NZ) business hours."  If I don't see the refunds on my CC within the next few days I'll have my CC company kill the transactions.  I am going to wait for a US retailer (Sprue Bros.?) to pick up WNW products and will reorder then.

I am going to wait for a US retailer (Sprue Bros.?) to pick up WNW products and will reorder then.

Me too. Depending on where they actually go, Im hoping its someone dependable like SB.com myself. (Also doesn't hurt that they get me my stuff sometimes in just a couple of days because they are just down the road from me)

Me too. Depending on where they actually go, Im hoping its someone dependable like SB.com myself. (Also doesn't hurt that they get me my stuff sometimes in just a couple of days because they are just down the road from me)

Oh yes, their service is second to none. I use them more than anyone else for my hobby stuff.

Sprue Bros may be dependable, but their pricing is not ideal.  Knowing the wholesale and MSRP of some of the stuff they carry, I've noticed they tend to make up their own MSRP which is higher than the actual MSRP, and then mark down to make it look like you're getting a deal.  These days I can get stuff cheaper from Hannants, even with international shipping, than from Sprue Bros in many cases.

Sprue Bros may be dependable, but their pricing is not ideal.  Knowing the wholesale and MSRP of some of the stuff they carry, I've noticed they tend to make up their own MSRP which is higher than the actual MSRP, and then mark down to make it look like you're getting a deal.  These days I can get stuff cheaper from Hannants, even with international shipping, than from Sprue Bros in many cases.

I think that probably varies. In my case Im so close to them shipping for me is normally pretty cheap, unless Im ordering something big and/or heavy.  

For me overall, Hannants is WAY too expensive, as their minimum order policy, as well as the whole time is money thing IMHO, as things from Lucky in China tend to come WAY faster for me than stuff from Hannants.  

Just for grins I put the question on if SB was going to carry WNW to their help email and received back:

We inquired when they originally announced that in the fall of 2016. When we finally heard back from them, they said they were not ready yet and will get back with us when they were ready.

Edited by petrov27

I think that probably varies. In my case Im so close to them shipping for me is normally pretty cheap, unless Im ordering something big and/or heavy.  

For me overall, Hannants is WAY too expensive, as their minimum order policy, as well as the whole time is money thing IMHO, as things from Lucky in China tend to come WAY faster for me than stuff from Hannants.  

For me too. Sprue Bros shipping to Canada is very reasonable now they have the discount shipping rate available to here (I forget the name of it). takes a little longer but I'm rarely in a hurry. I've had nothing but positive experience with them.

It is cheaper to order the Camels from Hannants in the UK and ship to Vancouver, Canada than to order from Weta in Seattle. Hannants overseas shipping seems pretty reasonable.

Cheers

Joe

Edited by bulmer69