Six Camels!!

Guest Smitty44

I'm liking the Kosciuszco Squadron and Donner-Wetter schemes, and those US "camels on the camel" schemes look nice too. And we get a chance to by another LVG, should we not have enough in the stash. What's not to like? I can only hope for more aftermarket decals (or maybe make my own) for a Georgian or Estonian camel, Sylvestre (with Cleopatra and the snake on the side) and that crazy red white and blue machine. We don't need to settle for a boring scheme, that's for sure. (not to offend those who love history more than color).

Tnarg

No offence taken. I love history, I love those crazy training schemes too. I may well attempt (if I'm feeling brave) "that crazy red white and blue machine" but if there's ever a decal shett for Cleopatra's asp (yes Pheon, looking at you) that's the one for me. I foresee at least two Camels in my future.

If I buy more than two MrsC may get the hump (sorry).

Guest Smitty44

Yep, Dr.I's on both, making at least three kits now that depict the Triplane on them.

Well excuse me!! How about a little piling on, dang!!!!

I keep a running list, and many kit numbers have been skipped up to now. This certainly implies that many more are scheduled for eventual release, and that's a very intriguing notion.

Some seemed to speculate that WNW is 'down for the count' but I strongly suspect that couldn't be further from the truth of the matter.

I agree.

They've had a very, very quiet year & messed up the re-pricing & shipping charges debacle.

But, like you, I think they've an absolute shedload of new kits to come out, as and when, that we've not even contemplated.

I mean, they kit two 1/32 Felixstowe's and nobody had a Scooby's until they appeared on the WNW website. They kit six - SIX - Camels, and again, no leak of any sort, except that they wanted to know one was on it's way.

Considering that they manufacture nothing themselves and subcontract the moulding, boxes, instruction printing & decal printing - even logistics is subcontracted now - and that's security Fort Knox would be proud of.

Wow !!!!

THat's great !

I'm not a fan of the Camel, but i'm a fan of WNW, and i love variety. It's very tempting to buy them all, said the kid inside me.

Oh god, i just spent a lot of money last week, ordering A LOT of russian tanks... I should learn yoga to control myself, i guess. :)

Oh my God bis : I just there's even a polish Camel from Koscizko squadron !!!!

Edited by Zero77

F.1 BR.1 for me...Raymond Colishaw will be my choice. I've never built one of their kits. Is the rigging included in the kit, or does the modeler source that on his/her own?

Brad

You have to source it, but they sell some EZ-line, certainly the easiest way to make your rigging. For the turnbuckles, you can either use some microtube cut to lenght or buy AM turnbuckles.

F.1 BR.1 for me...Raymond Colishaw will be my choice. I've never built one of their kits. Is the rigging included in the kit, or does the modeler source that on his/her own?

Brad

Brad,

I'm up to my neck in EZline - drop me a PM & I'll stick some in the post to your, certainly enough for a couple of WNW kits.

As long as it's not the DH.2 or Fee!

Here's the CAD for the Camel that WnW posted on their FaceBook page...

CYTpp2.png

And here it is with everything that's wrong with it...

XIFE4T.jpg

Ah Ha, rather than the passing of the baton, it's the passing of the magic RED lines........................... :innocent:

...........................................................Considering that they manufacture nothing themselves and subcontract the moulding, boxes, instruction printing & decal printing - even logistics is subcontracted now - and that's security Fort Knox would be proud of.

Dean,

Weta Workshop are an in-house company who amongst other things are responsible for SFX, marketing and 'props'. :coolio:

Ah Ha, rather than the passing of the baton, it's the passing of the magic RED lines........................... :innocent:

Dean,

Weta Workshop are an in-house company who amongst other things are responsible for SFX, marketing and 'props'. :coolio:

Weta Workshop are an independent company that Peter Jackson "only" owns 33% of. So although they have a close working relationship with WNW due to a common shareholder, they are not an in-house company, as Peter Jackson does not have a controlling stake.

In the context of WNW, to me Weta are a sub-contractor, as they share pretty much no staff. I'd imagine that there is also a commercial contract in place, as the majority shareholders would not want Weta to subsidise WNW!