Cannibalizing an HK B-17E/F. Parts available

gunner

I would like to get your thoughts. I have the G kit and the new E/F kit. I would like to take the starboard fuselage of the E/F and mate it to the G kit in order to do B-17G, “Bit O' Lace†circe February 1945 - April 4, 1945.

The aircraft does not have staggered waist guns but had the Cheyenne upgrade done in late 1944 after returning from depot.

After going through both kits and dry fitting the fuselage together, it looks like this will be pretty easy conversion. My question to you all is would modelers be interested in purchasing sprues or parts from the cannibalized E/F kit. I'm thinking of the tail gun, waist guns and mounts, turrets, wheels, decals, noses, wings, engines etc.

I'm not out to make a killing on the sale of these items, just enough to offset some of kit's cost. 

Thanks for reading this and Happy Holidays 

Edited by gunner

I may be interested in the unused two halves of your B-17 E/F/G plus unused set of wings, tails, engines, and clear parts in order to make another B-17 G/F/E. I am NOT interested in depicting any particular real B-17, just a generic generalized Flying Fortress.

No hurry; let me know what you want to do and how much it will cost. I'll have to fit it into my badly butchered budget.

Thanks,

Stephen

I have started the same discussion with Pete Fleischman already, but if you do not conclude a deal with Stephen, I am interested in the wings, engines, taliplanes. The idea is to graft them on a scratchbuilt fuselage to build one of my dream projects : a Boeing 307 Stratoliner :frantic:

Hubert

I'm doing a B-24 Liberator sometime in near-future... i would hope the turrets and all guns with mounts would be the same... ( or perhaps similar) 

If so, and you are letting these go.....pls PM me ..

Phil

Edited by Piprm

I have started the same discussion with Pete Fleischman already, but if you do not conclude a deal with Stephen, I am interested in the wings, engines, taliplanes. The idea is to graft them on a scratchbuilt fuselage to build one of my dream projects : a Boeing 307 Stratoliner :frantic:

Hubert

Hi Hubert-

I am saving these parts for you. Just pm me when you are ready-

Cheers

Pete

For those who responded; I am reviewing all responses and I will post my decision and pricing in the near future on the TRADERS BOARD. I will probably post pictures of the directions with the parts identified of what I will be offering.

Again, I will post pricing and items on the traders board with my email. Earliest dated response will be offered the opportunity to make a Paypal payment

Edited by gunner

Hi Hubert-

I am saving these parts for you. Just pm me when you are ready-

Cheers

Pete

Whenever Pete.

I am about to fly off for some holidays. Will be PM you when I come back, next year :)

Hubert

PS: gunner, that means I am leaving your opportunity to someone else

Edited by MostlyRacers

I'm doing a B-24 Liberator sometime in near-future... i would hope the turrets and all guns with mounts would be the same... ( or perhaps similar) 

If so, and you are letting these go.....pls PM me ..

Phil

Well, similar is a relative term.  The hand-held 50's would be the same (not sure about the gun cradles) and the ball turret proper would be very similar (although the hanger was substantially different being the A-13 retractable type) but that's about the extent of it.  The top turret of the B-24 is a Martin unit if I'm not mistaken so while the turret itself may mildly resemble the unit installed in the B-24, it wouldn't be anywhere near accurate.  You're out of luck with the tail turret on the 24 as well as the nose turret if you're doing anything other than an unmodified B-24D.