Nakajima Ki84 Type 4 Fighter, Hayate (Frank)

Hartmann352

Okay...been a LONG time since I have posted anything related to the assembly of styrene. Several WIPs, but the interest fades....been putzing with the 1/24 109...removing some paint....but now that soccer is done for awhile, and winter has reared it's Snowy Maned Head, it's easier to escape to the basement. So I gave myself the dilemma, "Finish a WIP, then treat yourself to a new one, or vise versa?" Well, after himming and hawing, the latter won out. So I have chosen the above mentioned bird. Because I am me....will be OOB, but hey, it comes with some PE.
Looking over the directions, I have my first issue right out of the gate....cockpit color. In the key for paint colors, there is "cockpit color (Mitsubishi)" and "cockpit color (Nakajima)". So wander out to the world wide web, over to Cyber-modeler, where I found their 'pit color reference. this reference chart shows only 3 brands that make this "cockpit color (Nakajima)", and 2 of them I have never heard of, much less seen. Now I'm not the type of person to go obtain a bottle/can of this for the 1 - 3 Nakajima planes that I may end up building. So right off, I need to tap into the wealth of knowledge here.....is there a more common color/Brand that would be a suitable substitute for this color? (I'm sure I'm late to the party as usual, but here's the site of the color chart. https://www.cybermodeler.com/color/cockpit.shtml)
I thank you in advance for the assistance I will receive.

Obligatory opening shot.

DSC_02371_zpssrya53qa.jpg

Oh, and it doesn't help my having fun with this with Photobucket being painfully slow, and it forces me to move one photo at a time from my camera. :BANGHEAD2:

:beer:
Cheers Everyone!
Dave

Also famous airplanes of the world Army Type 4 fighter HAYATE No.19 1989----11

From Bunrindo Co.LTD.

ISBN-89319-016-4 I paid 10 bucks for my copy at a kit collector show

Shaka liked the Kagero monographs 53 Nakajima Ki84 Hayate ISBN 978-83-62878-87-1

I also almost started my Ki84 a month ago.

But decided to go with F4U2 Night fighter Corsair like Harveys

It's funny I have quite a few books on the Frank it's the only Japanese aircraft I like except for the Rufe

Cheers

Danny

Still on the hunt for the book.

As far as the colors though, this is what y'all have done to me....although there is a great deal of what I see on here that I cannot replicate/duplicate....I feel that I must do what I can, so I went and ordered the correct 'pit color. both for Nakajima and Mitsubishi...UGH...and I am not a rivet counter. oh well, Se La Vie.

Hey Bruce...scheme, at the moment, one from the box...my daughter is diggin' with the big white panels....47th Flight Regiment, 3rd Squadron, Narimasu Airfield, Feb. 1945. But I have seen some nice AM decals with some nice blue markings, so we'll see.

Cheers,

Dave

Oh great.....now the pressure is really on....MARU is watching.

Okay, well these arrived in the mail in the last few days....

DSC_0241_zpsbkxdyegy.jpg

DSC_0238_zps7wkii1nc.jpg

No excuses now.
Get through the holidays...and we'll get going. I do plan on painting the 'pit parts w/i the next couple of days though.... :piliot:

Cheer,

Dave

Okay....like I said, OOB....so not Big Eduard. there is  a PE fret that comes with the kit...so that's what will be used.

Anyway. finally started. I believe that I located all the parts that needed "Cockpit Color (Nakajima)" and painted them this evening. nothing fancy, but it's a start, and my first start in at least a year.

DSC_0245_zpsmacbykfs.jpg

DSC_0244_zpscakpz7ex.jpg

I must say, from what I can see, nice detail right out of the box.
DSC_0246_zpsbzkgcu1e.jpg

Cheers,

Dave