HAF 1/32 F-104G Italeri

spyrosjzmichos

Top notch paintwork, very convincing.

Thank you Kagemusha!

Spyros

WOW. Outstanding paint, decal and weathering. Just love how the 104 is looking.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter! 

only thing i can say OMG

Great work on that camo job

Mark

Thanks Mark! 

Very good looking Starfighter!

Thank you Milan! 

Hi all! Not a huge update this time. I did some final weathering with oils and pigments from Ammo, AK Interactive as well as colour pencils with mixed results. The oil and fuel leaks worked well as well as their oil brushes. The latter I used for the first time and was quite please how nicely the worked as filters on the camo. However, the rain marks and colour pencils look overdone. Will need more practise with these.

I also did some work on smaller components like the pitot tube, avionics covers and their actuator rods, undercarriage and their covers and HUD display.

Unfortunately, while removing the masking tape from the canopy I noticed cracks on all parts probably after putting too much pressure on them during painting. I immediately placed an order for spares from Italeri so hope to have these soon.

I have now started working on other components like the the maintenance stairs and RBF tags.

I guess the model is almost done!

20170211_131243_zpsf3gu3ije.jpg

20170211_130035_zpsrrizrdj4.jpg

20170211_130046_zpsylc0kzxp.jpg

20170211_130057_zpsfumx5fbz.jpg

20170211_130114_zpsbj37cymq.jpg

20170211_130132_zpsrekadqc1.jpg

20170211_130148_zpsx89gi1wz.jpg

20170211_130157_zpsaqw6m06w.jpg

20170211_130213_zps9flnlbpx.jpg

20170211_130229_zpsjxnpgmrd.jpg

20170211_130249_zps4iu3a5j8.jpg

20170211_130320_zpsblpp6amu.jpg

20170211_130326_zpsnvf0puut.jpg

20170211_130330_zps5lkitzno.jpg

20170211_130332_zpsvpwzei3o.jpg

Thanks for checking!

Edited by spyrosjzmichos

Me too! Very nice outlook with these soft colors!

What you mean about "cracks on all parts" - on the clear parts themselves for the canopy, or cracks of the paint near the cockpit frame? Man, this is something beyond the bad luck and the Murphy`s law, since the dropped F-15...  :doh: If it`s the canopy - maybe a vacuum-formed canopy is a good idea. Or if there is a one-piece canopy in the kit (for a closed canopy option), you may still split it for the open canopy opt.

Me too! Very nice outlook with these soft colors!

What you mean about "cracks on all parts" - on the clear parts themselves for the canopy, or cracks of the paint near the cockpit frame? Man, this is something beyond the bad luck and the Murphy`s law, since the dropped F-15...  :doh: If it`s the canopy - maybe a vacuum-formed canopy is a good idea. Or if there is a one-piece canopy in the kit (for a closed canopy option), you may still split it for the open canopy opt.

Thanks Milan!  :)

Yeah, the clear part between the canopy frames is cracked so it's beyond repair.

At least Italeri has a spare parts service so no crisis there. 

Only problem is Italeri doesn't post to Dubai so had to place the order for my home country, Greece.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up in two to three weeks.

Talk about Murphy's law indeed....  <_<  :doh:

Great work on the colour variation. I especially like the underneath with the different tones that have come through. Very nice!

Sad about the canopy but if you can get a new one then all good.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike! Yeah, canopy issue is annoying but will hopefully get the replacement soon.