Trumpeter A-7 Radome Correction Help

otis252

Hey guys, with the arrival of Jake's new A-7 book, I'm going to drag the A-7 out of the stash and try to get started. With the Zacto Set not available, has anyone got an idea of how to correct that radome? As we know it's got a weird, way off shape. Any ideas? Thanks.

Chuck

I simply reshaped the kit Radome, I thought I had a pic included in my build  http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=22056 but don't see it. I will have to look see, the kit though not correct is not that far off and can be reshaped IMO.

Barry

'Chris states on his website that the set will be available again soon'

I hope he publishes a notice to our Vendor Board.  Or at least lets us know before hand if he accepts a pre-payment.

Sincerely,

Mark

Y'all do know Chris' wife had a battle with the big C recently?  I think that might have slowed down some production on his business end.  I'm looking forward to seeing him re-release this as well, even though I'm stocked with my needs.  The SLUFF is a great looking airplane and I cannot figure out how Trumpeter got it so wrong, but the kit makes a great build. 

More of my avatar plane!
4FBD0B26-4E2E-48F2-A2A4-3BA5D40B57CC_zps

E0FD5A4F-4312-4C3E-B301-4ABF5D462E77_zps

Edited by ScottsGT

• 2 weeks later...