Hobby Boss P-61

ScottsGT

Just opened my kit up. It's my first Hobby Boss. If I didn't know better, from the design of the instructions and packaging I would swear it was a Trumpeter kit. Looks like it's going to be a fun build!

Trumpeter and Hobby boss are related companies so that would explain it.

Carl

Just opened my kit up. It's my first Hobby Boss. If I didn't know better, from the design of the instructions and packaging I would swear it was a Trumpeter kit. Looks like it's going to be a fun build!

Owned and operated by the same people.

IE they are effectively the same company with a different brand for marketing purposes.

Same same but different.

A number of kits from each company are scale up/ scale downs of the "other" companies kit. For example, the HB 1/48 Tomcats are pretty much scaled down versions of the 1/32 Trumpeter kits. That can be good or bad depending on how accurate the first kit is since they usually don't fix any accuracy issues.

Three pictures to show the way the metal wing spar goes through the fuselage.

It's long enough to go to the outer wing parts.

And it helps me to paint both wings and the fuselage separately, a very good thing regarding the size of that plane.

247439DSC08262.jpg

666040DSC0829.jpg

352955DSC0832.jpg

Edited by Plm

Youll love the p61, I have one and am just gearing up to cracking the box open. 

For inspiration you may want to take a look at this build and yes it is the HB kit 

http://lesmaquettist...iorama-1-32.htm

The diorama is super, but the P-61 Cooper Snooper is a P-61 B-2, so the nose should be different and the main landing gear bay doors too.

There is a post about the main corrections you should apply to the kit regarding the version you want to do.