WNW Gotha Sold Out.

Guest DeanKB

At an average price of 100 USD, that's 1200 bucks for those alone!! You could buy most of my stash for that.

I know we're getting off topic, but I thankfully paid a lot less than that. I think I'm about $80 CAD (about $55 USD) each averaged out, maybe less.

Part of that is due to the Loonie tanking against the USD and the Yen so it would cost me a lot more now.

Carl

Think about it from another perspective...

You could be playing golf. How many series of clubs would your stash have bought you ? And how many WNW kits can you buy with a golf-course yearly inscription, not to mention the green fees ?

Worse still, you could be chasing young chicks as a hobby :redx:

Hubert

Or mountain biking. That was probably worse than my model stash in terms of outlay. A new bike every year or more. Plus trail fees, parts for repairs, race fees, post ride beers...

Then there's the depreciation on a used high end bike. It's worse than on a stolen, salvage titled sports car.

Mind you, it's how I met my wife so I can't complain too much.

Carl

I know we're getting off topic, but I thankfully paid a lot less than that. I think I'm about $80 CAD (about $55 USD) each averaged out, maybe less.

Part of that is due to the Loonie tanking against the USD and the Yen so it would cost me a lot more now.

Carl

That is much more reasonable. I'd grab one for 55 bucks, myself. One, not ten, you nutcase!😆

I have one I bought from an LSPer for a very fair price for both (I love this place)  His need moved me to get off my wallet after being stalled out by the pricing and shipping policy uncertainty created by the new warehouse scheme created by WNW.  I now have a 1/48 scale Copper State Models Gother kit that I can move on to a lucky smaller scale model lover.

Rick

I too lucked into a Gotha here, from a member.I too have a pair of Felixstowes's. One late, one dualist. The early version is slated to hopefully become a US bird, and the late will stay British. The extra W-29 doesn't hurt either.

Put a couple Liberty engines on?

Or mountain biking. That was probably worse than my model stash in terms of outlay. A new bike every year or more. Plus trail fees, parts for repairs, race fees, post ride beers...

Then there's the depreciation on a used high end bike. It's worse than on a stolen, salvage titled sports car.

Mind you, it's how I met my wife so I can't complain too much.

Carl

Yuppers! Cycling is like a cocaine habit, just a lot more expensive. :) My skinny bike is a mid-range frame and though $tupid expensive still nowhere near the price for some of the bikes that show up at local group rides.

Anyhow, my stash and guilt is growing at an unreasonable rate but I'm still stoked a Gotha landed in my collection. Especially before the remaining Earth's inventory retreats into that heart-wrenching area of the Amazon titled, "Available from these sellers".

it shows in stock, and when you go to checkout , this is what pops out :

Waiting for Stock

- You will be charged when items become available[/size]

what a joke

Hmm, ordered the Tripe from HLJ on Monday, and got the payment request today (Thursday). Guess they got them in stock!

Edit: Just got the shipping notice, so they apparently have them, Or can get them quickly. A bit more than what the original price was, but still half the price what people are asking on eBay.

Edited by Dave Williams

Hmm, ordered the Tripe from HLJ on Monday, and got the payment request today (Thursday). Guess they got them in stock!

They also show the Hanover.  I placed an order so we shall see.  They don't request money unless they have it in stock and ready to ship especially with the private warehouse.  If they have them, that is a much better deal than fleaBay.

There will doubtless be a few more reaching sold out status before the dwindling warehouse stock is remaindered as job lots to bigger dealers (?) That might mean some good deals in the future.

But based on the Dambusters project which never took off - and apart from the mega lucrative Tolkien sort of movie stuff - Sir Peter Jackson seems to have about an eight year interest span before he moves on, as do most people.

If he ever gets back to models I sincerely hope it's Empire & Commonwealth from the 1930s-1960s.

Tony (with a bad cold and aching crystal balls)