2003 series Cylon Raider

spacewolf

Super stuff as always Vaughn. Great job adding in that thruster.

Jim

Thanks Jim ! The thruster was a challenge, but in retrospect wasn't difficult... just took some thinking and experimenting. I think I'll be using brass more in my builds, it's handy and works well with modeling tools.

Cheers

Vaughn

So Back to the build, but with a sort of lost feeling. Richard Hatch was the beating heart of Galactica... If it wasn't for him we might not have had the 2003 series, or these kits to build... No idea what will happen to dreams of a movie or anything much more in the story line for a while.

Anyway... back to the build... been busy doing up the second engine/ weapons housing... I think it came out pretty good...

Hmx7lBW.jpg

U948nHS.jpg

It needs a bit more work but it's coming along..

0jHcu7u.jpg

The belly pan was next, so I cast around for what to use... My modeling buddy who got me into this build had passed me the US/ USSR Monogram missile set.. he'd put it together years ago but had just left it sitting and was looking to get rid of it.... and whaddia know ?... one of the missiles fit pretty close..

TEw5GjV.jpg

I cut off a bit of the nose and marked where to cut on the back, placed the engine housings and it looks like I may be able to get this to work..

iguzJLp.jpg

Cut to size and filling the molded grooves with stretched sprue..

rvJELmy.jpg

I had to make room for a structure so the now redundant pin tubes had to go..

XWLEo2g.jpg

A box was made and glued in, ribs added

qp2HTpG.jpg

And the openings made for the top center engine..

G3iR2Iz.jpg

The engine was fitted

8GKi0j2.jpg

But something was wrong... it stuck out too far...

uoKK7le.jpg

Silly me had made the firewall squared to the rear of the housing... but it's inset... so... out with the chisel blade and careful cutting later..

j7xp1F1.jpg

And this, boys & girls..is how it SHOULD look !

0B58XLP.jpg

Nice progress..I had no idea Hatch passed away and only at 70-71? Much too young!

I'm huge fan of the original BSG series and always thought that if I could choose what I look like as a young white man, it would be like Hatch...pretty, but not that pretty -- just right. Intellectual looking without being overly masculine..I'd be male whore that's for sure....I'm rambling.

RIP.

Nice progress..I had no idea Hatch passed away and only at 70-71? Much too young!

I'm huge fan of the original BSG series and always thought that if I could choose what I look like as a young white man, it would be like Hatch...pretty, but not that pretty -- just right. Intellectual looking without being overly masculine..I'd be male whore that's for sure....I'm rambling.

RIP.

OMG !! That's the best comment ever !! :rofl: ..... I loved the movie, not so much a fan of the show itself... and ya, he had it all, looks, talent and a genuinely nice person.... he will be missed.

Vaughn

So another week, more bits of plastic beaten into submission !!! :fight:

Still working on the little details, closing up the belly... all kinds of holes that need filling..

MbRdhns.jpg

Topside. the body has a distinct coke bottle shape that needs to be squared off to the belly pan...

y3IiVei.jpg

The first hole was filled with scrap from the cut up kit..

0kJAWD7.jpg

Sheet was cut to shape and bent to follow the curve then glued in...

zA5ID9I.jpg

The wedge glued in to box things up and a curves section added to the bottom of the engine section..

Yr371CV.jpg