My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

ALWAYS! Cha cha chaaaaahhhhhhh............. "cough cough grrr"

I use JCR as my personal cowbell of choice.

They gave me this one. Picked it out all special like.

6975d86a-f606-4bfc-8719-7da800005196_zps

Another.

82bc3923-7dd0-4f51-9b7d-3ecb2fea3b8b_zps

And still more!

f1fa2f84-836f-4815-89fa-0fcd0dff5545_zps

They come in different sizes, too.  :m0152:  :m0152:

238465b6-0f91-4ebc-9695-9fb674b01f5f_zps

There will never be enough bells. :)

https://youtu.be/UfD9fWt8hrQ

Insanely fab my drug fuelled friend  - can you please share what paints/technique you used, especially  the close up of the 109 (E) which looks wunderbar!

Best,

Torben

Thanks Torben.

As to which exhaust stack, can you be more specific? The pieces that have 109 E printed on them are QB sets for the Hasegawa. I may not be able to use them and the above is practice work. There're also Eduard pipes for Eduard kits. There's also a set of Aires G's across two stubs. These show up individually.

Pretty much all I have done thus far is this: I tried using different base coats. Some were very light and tan in colour. Others either a black, burnt iron, dark iron etc. One of the Hasegawa parts began as a copper based set.

What I did then was to use a few pastel shades. These went from a very light grey to orange. I added shade over shade. When each looked okay, I sprayed them with a flat clear to protect them. I then applied different colour washes, depending on the pipe, before another coat of clear.

I then dry brushed each set of pipes with various shades of metal. From aluminium through copper itself.

After carefully watching the Youtube colour videos shown earlier, it quickly became apparent the red brown idea was a mistake. The stacks seemed a more dark metallic. I then hand painted the Revell, Hasegawa G and Dragon dark iron by Tamiya. 

I intend to search for my old artist oil paints upon return from hospital later today. I wish to use oils to dry brush the stacks that now have a basic metal base. I can then judge the results as best I can.

All of the above is an experiment to find a way that works best. There are others still waiting. I need to be careful not to get them all mixed up.

The last clear coat went on around 1.30 am. It's not 7.30 and they should remain untouched until later today. This will give them a good chance to harden. Plus it feels like it'll be hot today, which will help that process.

Hopefully when I am free of the hospital I can visit the arts supply stores and grab some nice oil shades.

Very well done Dale !....Harv

Cheers mate. :)

Real nice work going on here....

Like it very much...

Thanks Mal.

Just a work in progress. :)

I think you got the one I meant Dale - (20161205_015822-1_zpsqijyf7ez.jpg)

Some great experimentation going on here. Makes me realise nothing beats a bit of hands on trial and error.

Thx 

Torben

Cool.

Time to head off to the nut house. :)

See ya later. Hopefully armed with oils. :)

Posting from hospital where it's been discovered I have a very serious infection. This helps explain my confusion over the weekend.

All modeling was completed while seriously out of my scone.

They took one look at me. I must return for a specific procedure at 8.30 am tomorrow.

This at least explains a lot. E.G. the silly selfies earlier in the thread.

Barking mad. :D

I just have a set of pastels. Not specific Tamiya weathering pastels.

I have used many techniques thus far. Each set of exhausts was treated individually. No two are the same.

The photo above looks great. Is that your work?