PZL.43A | Mirage Hobby 1:48

Kendzior

Very nice work, Hubert! It's disappointing to see the Matchbox-like engraving on the wings, though.

Kev

Indeed, this kit is a mixed bag. Seems like the fuselage was made by someone else, not only the panel lines are more delicate, but also the surface is much smoother.

Hope to get the things look better after the Surfacer 1000, which is already drying.

Thinking also about riveting the airframe - this might also reduce the impression that panel lines are out of scale, turning attention away from them ;) Will see.

Thanks for watching, best regards

Hubert

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, All

As I mentioned in my earlier post, decided to add the rivets. Used my RB's tool, which I consider among the best available (tried also Trumpeter's, but it sucks).

Didn't want to overdo the effect, so added only minimal pressure during riveting, so that the lines of rivets are delicate, barely visible, but I think it looks alright in this scale. 

Have also preshaded the whole model in preparation for a painting stage, which I hope to start soon.  

Going to use the Hataka's orange line set for Polish WWII and pre-war aircraft.

sU0CT7.jpg

L4L9GU.jpg

bIGpyq.jpg

OsX9lk.jpg

Stay tuned, best regards

Hubert

• 1 month later...

Very nice Hubert!

I've got this bird on my "shelf of doom"and maby your thread will mobilize me to finish it :)

Cheers

Well...  It's a question of definition, what is a shelf of doom indeed. Started this kit more than three years ago, but wouldn't call it "shelved", that's rather common in my approach to the hobby. Several kits made simultaneously, for now it's hard to count, but I'm probably somewhere between 15 and 20, with average duration of builds at about 8-9 months... with some exceptions, as one can see :)

So don't hesitate and take this one back on your bench, it's much too odd to leave it shelved and start another Bf-109 instead :)

The PZL Reminds me of the Breda Ba-65. The model is coming out nicely.

Rick

Good point. And she was similarly unsuccessful, unfortunately. WW2 wasn't a good time for single engined bombers, like Battle, KaraÅ›, Skua, Ba-65, Su-2 and many others.

Thanks for comments :)

Best regards

Hubert

Well...  It's a question of definition, what is a shelf of doom indeed. Started this kit more than three years ago, but wouldn't call it "shelved", that's rather common in my approach to the hobby. Several kits made simultaneously, for now it's hard to count, but I'm probably somewhere between 15 and 20, with average duration of builds at about 8-9 months... with some exceptions, as one can see :)

So don't hesitate and take this one back on your bench, it's much too odd to leave it shelved and start another Bf-109 instead :)

Usually I don't start any new projects untill the previous one is completely done... with only two exceptions- PZL.43 and PZL.37.

I started them both about 3 years ago but I remember that they cost me too many nerves so I decided to put them away for a while... and they are still waiting in a line for their turn :)

Who knows, maybe soon I will decide to get them back on my bench :)

Edited by Krzysiek

PZL.37 from Mirage Hobby, with its split and too narrow bombardier's canopy, bomb bays that don't fit, regardless open or closed, wings that don't fit to the fuselage, wrong shape of the fuselage in the upper gunner's area and so on and so on? Yes, I know the pain very well. Anyway, did this kit too, some five years ago and still wondering, if the S-Model's vacform kit wouldn't be easier to get it done.

PZL.43 is much, much better in terms of fit, detail and accuracy.

Best regards

Hubert