HK B-17E/F

Bruce

I am interested by the wings, engines, tail surfaces, in fact anything that is not the fuselage and armament. If they are spare after your conversion, I might be interested to buy them from you Pete.

The idea would be to graft a scratchbuilt 307 fuselage ... :frantic:

Hubert

I am interested by the wings, engines, tail surfaces, in fact anything that is not the fuselage and armament. If they are spare after your conversion, I might be interested to buy them from you Pete.

The idea would be to graft a scratchbuilt 307 fuselage ... :frantic:

Hubert

Ok Hubert- let's stay in touch about that- cool idea!

Cheers

Pete

That is an awesome idea Hubert! What an impressive bird that would be.

Pete, what markings are you thinking for yours?

- Dennis S.

Westminster, CO USA

Hi Dennis,

Not sure yet- certainly OD over grey...might have to go with something fictional, as Shep Paine did, as I''ve already started it as an inflight display with significant battle damage-

Good fun

Cheers

Pete

Most of the interior aftermarket bit's from Eduard (B-17G Interior 32774) should be usable for now, correct? I'm sure there will be new stuff coming from them down the road.

And all of the outside bit's should good to go also?...

Mine will be here on Dec 6th...I can't wait.

Most of the interior aftermarket bit's from Eduard (B-17G Interior 32774) should be usable for now, correct? I'm sure there will be new stuff coming from them down the road.

And all of the outside bit's should good to go also?...

Mine will be here on Dec 6th...I can't wait.

Just be aware that the Eduard pre-painted sets have many of the interior components painted US interior green, which was never used at any time in B-17 production.

Bronze Green was the colour used, and only on the flightdeck. The rest of the interior was left in natural metal.

The G interior Eduard set I would not use is the nose one as this is the area where the amount of visible changes having an impact on photoetched parts is the highest.

In any case, it is obvious Eduard will release new sets for the F.

Thierry, roger that on the difference between F and G nose's. I'm buried in B-17 reference material...It is going to be hard waiting to start this...But from the responses, money wise it will probably be smart to wait for the "Interior Stuff" to surface...

I'm kicking myself for not picking up up a couple "G'S"...

Guys thanks for the fast answers....

Just cracked into mine as it arrived today. I was surprised to see some welcome additions to the kit that I didn't notice in the sprue shots.

- It has two new top turrets. One for the E, and one for the F. They are different, but subtle.

-  They included a new bulkhead between the radio room and ball turret that deletes the ammo boxes that were erroneously placed on the G kit. Would love to see this piece added the future G releases.

- They do include the radome and associated fairing, so you simply have to do some minor surgery to the nose to incorporate it.

- They added a new instrument panel bulkhead between the cockpit and nose with some additional details

- They included many more portable oxygen bottles in this release, more in line with the actual amount the real plane carried

- The added armament for the different noses is well represented. They include all the respective ammo cans and appropriate guns/barrels for the .30 calibers the E carried

- This release contains resin ammo feed chutes, which is a nice touch!

I'm sure there are several other nuances that I haven't quite noticed yet, but that's what I detected at first glance. There really is a whole lot more plastic included in this release. It does have some of the parts from the G kit, but as noted, does not include the nose halves for the G model. It also does not have the late F/early G style waist windows (the 3-pane ones) so those are yet to be seen. Resin2Detail, are you listening? Also, maybe the aftermarket folks can make a clear resin F model nose glazing without gun ports for those early G models as well?

Looking forward to building this one down the line! It looks nice. Yes, it still has the shape issues noted in the G release, but it sure does look like a splendid kit. I am impressed.

- Dennis S.

Westminster, CO USA

You'll need to modify the nose to do that aircraft.  It has the navigators astrodome whereas the kit does not.  I had thought they we're going to include the astrodome nose section but for whatever reason, they chose not to.

Edited by Juggernut

According to Dennis7423 the radome parts are present. I am working on mine and noted the flashed over hole for the astrodome but haven't looked at the parts themselves as I concentrate on doing the boring stuff (glueing the oxygenbottles, tailparts and ailerons together) first.

Cees

That's a huge bummer for me if the astrodome version aint in the box as it was shown on the mock up pics prior to release as the B17 I want to do had it and still waiting for it to arrive in the UK :deadhorse:

Graham

Edited by Lancman