Has anyone noticed this...

Guest Smitty44

Too many of us are waiting for the Camel, and all the secret other ones... Breguet XIV, Caudron G.IV, Aviatik Berg, Hansa Brandenburg Starstrutter and C series, Ilya Murometz, Sikorsky Le Grand, or even a Fokker Dr.I.  

Didn't they do something like this a few years ago, just before announcing at the absolute last minute that the new kits were available for Christmas delivery (assuming you ordered that second)? Maybe this means something good is coming....

Tnarg

Funny thing is, when shipping was free I'd just buy whenever I wanted as there was no advantage to buying a single kit or bundling several.

Now, however, I find myself waiting to make it worthwhile or go in with a few friends to split shipping costs. I actually haven't bought anything from them since they switched to their new method. The Camel is definitely in my future along with a Salmson. I dread what the shipping, taxes, etc will end up being.

Marc B.

I used to order a few kits at a time, to spread the import fee.

However, since they increased their prices - by a lot, in some cases by massive amounts - and then increased them again by adding shipping - again, by a lot - I've ordered a grand total of none.

And this from a WNW fanatic who has 50 odd WNW kits in the stash.

I'm guessing WNW sales have dropped like a brick in the last year. I don't even bother checking out the website anymore, and the dreaded "Sold Out" signs don't bother me in the slightest.

They have just become, for me, too expensive. I can get 3 Special Hobby kits for the cost of a WNW single seater, or a Tamiya with change. They just look too damned expensive!

Edited by DeanKB

I've had a similar experience, Dean. While I initially had no reservations about ordering any one kit I wanted (my financial situation was also quite different then though, to be fair), the new elevated pricing and additional shipping costs (especially the squirrelly one shipping cost applied per kit, no matter what), has put me off of ordering anything from them for quite a while now. When or if I'll be ordering anything in the future, is very questionable right now.

I am on boat with Dean, except for a huge stack of WnW kits. There is one thing that I can't understand, "The SOLD OUT " phenomenon. How come ? The kits that are gone first will bring the money in, so why do we have to wait for gazillion years for Tripe or Albi or whatever else, that people like. ???

Edited by Martinnfb

Guest Peterpools

Seems as if the new distribution and sales program might just be a present day Titanic! If anyone shouldn't need a 15% off Black Friday Sale, it should be WNW but the sale surely sounds as if sales have tanked.

I'm with Martin on the "Sold Out" deal. ... makes zero sense, as the kits that builders want are no longer available and the ones that are available, no one seems to really want. :mental:

Peter

I've had a similar experience, Dean. While I initially had no reservations about ordering any one kit I wanted (my financial situation was also quite different then though, to be fair), the new elevated pricing and additional shipping costs (especially the squirrelly one shipping cost applied per kit, no matter what), has put me off of ordering anything from them for quite a while now. When or if I'll be ordering anything in the future, is very questionable right now.

I think they've fixed the "one shipping charge per kit" problem.

Yes, I think they have too, Dean, but initially it was a nightmare, and offered no incentive whatsoever, for multiple kit purchases.

All in all, Wingnut Wings must be having a terrible year.

The launch price of the AEG's at $229 was a nasty surprise - I expected a Gotha like price of $150.

Then the re-pricing came as a shock. The way different kits were given different prices was very un-WNW like.

And to top it all, a thoroughly botched attempt at charging for shipping.

I think they've lost a lot of customers through the whole process, many because they can no longer afford any more WNW kits, some because they are fed-up with the way WNW went about the whole process.

I'll not be buying the Camel. Not enough bang for my bucks, even though it'll be a perfect kit that looks superb.