AV-8S "Matador" AMT 1/24

tchwrma

Very nice work on the surfacing Paulo.  :thumbsup:

Dan

Thanks, Dan. The work is not finished yet, because some rivets appears at primer application. But the worst part was gone.

Great start Paulo  :speak_cool:

This is not an easy kit to prepare, but it will be worth the effort whwn you have finished it. Many people have these in their collections (I haven't yet, but I will get one one day), but few actually get around to making or finishing it, which is a pity as this is a unique aircraft that is rarely seen as a completed kit.

Derek

This one will be finished, for sure. And I intend to made a base, with some accessories, and to iluminate the kit with leds. But first things first. Let's do the pit!

Paulo

Yup, HORRENDOUS is the best way to describe the kit. Glad to see you are sticking with it and have made wonderful progress on the surface skins

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks, Peter. Be connected, more pics coming!

You are very brave! That's even worse than the Mustang I'm working on. Great work on reducing the rivets. There is a lot of preparation to get these old Airfix kits to the point where you can start building anything. They give you good basic shapes, but the details need lots of refining.

Richard

Yes, these details are the cause of so many kits resting incompleted. But mine will not be one of these. Thanks.

I feel your pain.  If the real plane had these divits probalbly would not take off due to the drag.

I did this with the white but it took forever for the stuff to dry.  I use Mr. Surfacer 500 then 1000.  I wipe early spray with alcohol then build up and wet sand.

Rick

I will try with surfacer. Thanks for the advice.

Paublo, great work ! Coming along nicely......Harv :popcorn:

Thanks!

Paulo

Geez, fantastic work on the seat

Keep 'em coming

Peter

thanks!

Paulo, this is going to be great!

Very good work so far on a very challenging kit!

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks!

Nice work with the seat! :)

HÃ¥kan

thanks!

Nice work on the seat and cockpit Paulo - it looks like your poor kit nose leg will have a fair bit of cockpit weight to support!

Regards

Derek

I expect that the gear could suport the etched parts, because the front gear (Metal) is suplied in the etched set.... :innocent:

Thanks!