LEM Su-22 Fitter FINISHED

blackbetty

thanx guys, but no candles near my builds :P

i have cut some vinyl with the cutter to replicate the inner petals of the nozzle

65_zpsae56chxy.jpg

using some more trumpy mig 23 parts, i modified these a bit (different center cone) to look more like the su 22 engine

66_zpsm5kq9unj.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

the flameholder was inserted into a piece of plastic water pipe and joined with the rear part

67_zpskztxuh4u.jpg

and with the nozzle. since this assembly is buried deep in the fuselage (the nozzle does not protrude out of the end of the aircraft), i will paint and install

68_zpsani7wtel.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

illustrator is pretty easy to learn (for my homebrwe work that is). i run vector graphics from it on my roland and print alll my decals with it

the assembly is now finished:

69_zps55jyiaqo.jpg

before i can insert it into the fuse, i had to create some detail on the inside of the fuselage as per pics of the real thing

70_zpsaqdl1dt1.jpg

stay tuned

thanx!

time to think abou the attachment of the wings to the fuselage. this is complicated by the position of the main gear well. thankfully there is an inner spar that closes the hollow wing part. this spar has to be cut to accept the well and inserted into the wing. later i will make the cutout for the geardoor

76_zpsiqb9m3o4.jpg

77_zpsa0iv2am0.jpg

i used some thick sheet to get some strenght and have drilled holes that i will drill deeper into the fuselage sides to get a sturdy attachment point

Edited by blackbetty

after the spar was glued to the wheelwell, but not the wing, i temporarily attached the assembly to the fuaselage sides via double sided tape.i then drilled 4mm holes through the spar into the fuselage and used pieces of sprue to make locating pins

78_zpscunpkstq.jpg

from the bottom:

79_zpsx56nknnt.jpg

and from the top

79_zpsx56nknnt.jpg

crude pieces of thick sheet are used as reinforcements

i will definitely have to use some putty on the bottom of the assembly, but its more my than the resin kits fault.

i have cut out the wings for the MLG openings and everything lines up quite nicely, even just dry fit

85_zpschdizpgf.jpg

couldnt resist to put together the main parts. thankfully the movable wingsections can be inserted from the out side

86_zpsu27czvio.jpg

87_zpslfmyhgvk.jpg

stay tuned, thanx for watching

karl