LEM Su-22 Fitter FINISHED

blackbetty

EDIT: SINCE FUCKBUCKET SHUT DOWN ALL HOSTING THERE ARE NO PICS VISIBLE UNTILL PAGE 10. ANYONE INTERESTED CAN REQUEST THESE VIA PM FROM ME

after the resin yak-23 i will go with something more complcated, the LEM Su-22 "Fitter"

01_zpshk9ffihw.jpg

i collected some aftermarket as a resin seat, the static dischargers and a Su-25 pitot which will lend parts for the pitot

it will be in Iraqi colours with an assymetric loadout from the Iran war (artwork from Tom Cooper under fair use)

02_zpsizutckpv.jpg

stay tuned...

Edited by blackbetty

Guest Clunkmeister

I've been salivating over this kit on ebay. I've wondered how it goes together, and depending how this turns out, I might spring for one as well. Such an iconic aircraft, why there's no mainstream IM kit for it is beyond me.

thanx all, we will see if my abilities can pull this one off   :huh:

i started with cutting out the vac canopy. there are two supplied, one with faint frame structure, one completely void of a structure. with this the location of the pit cutout can be located.

03_zpsj3mybjrh.jpg

measure five times, cut once!!!

04_zpsbxvl5psr.jpg

the front fuselage is a tube, so you have to insert first the nosecone, then the pit and then the front wheel well (or maybe first the well). front geardoors are molded closed, so these have to be cut out (doors are supplied seperately - very nice). its not easy to place the pit- as work saving it is to have no seam to clean up on the front fuselage halves, shoehorning the scratched pit in from the back will be a challenge

Edited by blackbetty

upon further investigation the pit walls can be attached to the wheelwell and the assembly fits like a glove into the fuselage. as mentioned the pit is very basic (as you see), the walls are tapered, in reality they are vertical. this has to be modified, but i think the resin part can be used as a base

05_zpsxv5dlfcr.jpg

06_zpslhmhopat.jpg

Edited by blackbetty