Hasegawa Boeing F4B-4

Ted Barrett

Hi Steve,

I bought all three of the Hasegawa bipes back in the 70's, also several of the P-26's (one of my favorite aircraft) as well, but have never got any of them built.  This will be the first of those kits to be finished.  There won't be any high-tech though.  I just want to do a simple build for the enjoyment of building it.

Hope to get some more pics up in the next day or two.

Ted

Ted,

I think that the idea of simple building gets a bit lost these days. I didn't put any rigging on either of mine and they still looked great, and were very satisfying to assemble. They were the first and last Hasegawa kits I ever made. Looked at the Curtiss on eBay today Hmmmmmm.........

Steve

I love watching the builds that either super detail or correct old kits or new kits for that matter, but I have a hard enough time getting something finished as it is, so I shall just keep it simple for this group build. I'll probably do some rigging, but you're right, they still look nice just built up.

With regard to the Curtiss on eBay Steve...go ahead...you know you want it...lol

Talk to you soon,

Ted

That's too bad Shaka!  Not to worry, they always seem to be on eBay, so you may get another chance, and the F4B-4 is coming back out albeit at I'm sure a somewhat increased price.

I have to check with Kevin to see if I can enter the Curtiss Bf2C-1 kit into this group build with the Lone Star conversion to make the earlier fixed gear aircraft, after of course, my Boeing is done.

Ted