Canopy seals...

zak

There is a silicone rubber material called 'SUGRU' which comes in tear open pouches. You knead it to shape and it sets over the following day or so. comes in a variety of colours. Have used it for various bike repairs etc, but rolled out into thin worms, might do the trick? Sticks like the proverbial, by the way.....

Usual disclaimers, no commercial links.

www.sugru.com

Thanks for that, sounds interesting. Got some on order so will let you know the results

Thanks for all your input guys, I think I've cracked it (after numerous failed attempts!).

I tried 'sugru', way to sticky to work with at this scale even after it had cured for a while and hardened, it also loses its stickiness during curing however it's an interesting product that I'm sure will have some kind of modelling application (casting mold maybe?).

Numerous attempts with thin plasticard, wire, milliput failed. I was almost going to give in and paint them on but then I remembered I had some kneadatite (or green stuff as it's commonly called). This stuff has just the right amount of tackiness and holds its shape, conforms well to the inside of the test canopy and shouldnt need any other adhesive added. However it's, as the it's name suggests, green. I added a couple of drops of black ink and vallejo white paint whilst I was kneading it and hey presto, grey putty! No pics as of yet as I'm not quite ready to add it to the canopy yet but will update my cobra build soon.

Cheers

Zak