How about an LSO or maybe WASP figure ?

Joe66

Lol....ummm, yes....Womens Air Service Pilot.....

At any rate, an update.... 120mm scale...1/15. In reality, it is only an approximation when it comes to figures. There is still a lot of debate if a figure is measured to the top of the head or to the eye level. Measuring from bottom of feet to the eye level is probably the more accepted method, as it allows any sort of head gear to be left out of the equation. So, our WASP figure may not even be 120mm, as females tend to be a bit shorter.

We will release the LSO and WASP in 54mm scales first. The LSO is getting prototyped in 120mm scale this week and I should have a picture soon.

And let me correct the record. I am not the sculptor. Jeremy Gosser is the digital artist on these figure projects. I am setting up a company ( Aardvark Miniatures, LLC ) with a few people . One of the other folks involved ( D. Steele ) is involved on the 3d printing side. I am a model maker, mold maker, and casting tech. I am also working with Luis Vargas on some armor related projects.

My goal is to put together a team of sorts, to produce accurate and well detailed products. The team and the projects are coming together.

The idea of starting with figures and some smaller items is our test bed as we explore the process of CAD and 3d printing. My hope is that, in addition to other areas, we can eventually put it all together and produce some full on LSP items as well.

*** If there are any CAD folks out there who have a solid understanding of the process as it relates to scale models kits, I would love to hear from you !

What we are hoping to do in the future, is set up a shop with several different types of printers and be able to use the process as the direct production method and not have to make molds or actually pour resin ( thereby reducing errors ), and do it on a scale that will make economic sense for us as well as the consumer.

We want to be able to produce these things "in-house" as much as possible, and eventually, produce them entirely via 3d printing in materials that are familiar to the modeling community. Of course we will sub out decal and photo etching processes, but the plastic or resin will be done by us.

The variety and quality of equipment and materials for this process is growing quickly and getting better all the time !

Cheers,

Joe

Aardvark Miniatures, LLC

Ok, I have decided to share these " In development " shots of the WASP figure. Please note: IN PROGRESS ! The work is not complete on the WASP by any stretch, but I wanted to show you how the file develops. In these shots you can see, we are working on two different types of head and footwear. For now, the main pose is the same, and detailing will happen later. Thimgs like the beret - it will be adjusted for proper size and shape, then get surface texture and details. The same for her clothing. Folds, wrinkles, texture will be added next. There is still a lot to be done with this file before it goes to print.

IMG_0273_zpstkq7qo8m.jpg

Here you see one with a service cap...

IMG_0261_zpsfxzbnkuy.jpg

Let me say again, THESE ARE NOT FINISHED FILES...ONLY SHOWING AN " IN PROGRESS " preview for you.

Joe

Aardvark Miniatures, LLC

• 3 weeks later...