How about an LSO or maybe WASP figure ?

Joe66

Would anyone have interest in an LSO or WASP figure ? In 1/32 cast resin, it would be priced at around $12 - 14 USD for a single figure. So far the 3D printed test figures I have done are looking really good in 1/32 scale. I would do production in resin to keep them more affordable. - Joe

IMG_0188_zpstxfqajyl.jpg

IMG_0192_zpstypunukz.jpg

IMG_0167_zpstuvcehay.jpg

IMG_0168_zpsaj2hw1sv.jpg

I've been pleading for a large scale (120mm) LSO figure for 25 years.  I've presented the idea to every single figure manufacturer I've ever come across, and universally the response has been "Great Idea!!!"  And 25 years later we still haven't seen one.

Jennings,

That's reason enough for me right there !

Now, the question I have been playing with is "what pose / position do I want the LSO in ? " For 54mm, the arms will be separate items to assemble, and I may do an optional head for different headgear.

As for 120mm, it may be time to test that scale on the 3D printer...... hmmm

-Joe

Aardvark Miniatures, LLC

Ok...starting at the top.....The work is beginning on both the LSO and WASP figures ! I should be running test prints of these in about 3 weeks. Based on how that goes, I will be looking to offer them in several scales, including 120mm (1/16th-ish), 1/24th, 1/32nd and possibly 1/48th. Pricing is yet do be determined, but as mentioned, I'm shooting for retail $12-14 USD for the 1/32 scale figure. Expect the production pieces to be in light grey resin and unpainted of course.

As for mechanic / ground crew types - WW2 Pacific theater, all I can say is I am more than happy to consider doing them if I can get some responses and perhaps some photo ref sent to me as to the types you want to see.

-Joe

Aardvark Miniatures, LLC

• 1 month later...

Ok...here is a preview of the upcoming Navy LSO figure...this is NOT a finished product yet....there are some minor tweaks and some detailing yet to be done before we make the prototype. I say again....This is NOT yet the finished artwork, but getting very close !

I will be releasing this figure in 1/32 and 1/16 (120mm ) scales....probably sometime in January ! ..... Joe

f604293e-89d4-41fd-b247-b46432c342f7_zps

Both would be nice but a WASP figure would be great. Honestly a pair of them, perhaps posed as walking/standing together, would be very cool. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Later,

Lee

The WASP figure is being developed - I will probably have a preview file to share in a week or two ! :). - Joe

releasing this figure in 1/32 and 1/16 (120mm ) scales

@ Joe,

ΙΜΗΟ the 120mm size corresponds to 1/15 scale. This "120mm equals to 1/16 scale" error done and still continues playing for decades, should be fixed... sometime, somehow. Anyway, your 3D designed figure, looks very well sculpted - you are a talented 3D designer.

PS. BTW when I checked the "WASP figure" title, I was ready to propose THIS one. Then, I understood my mistake

:innocent:

Edited by Nick_Karatzides