Bill M.

Any chance of new F-8E/J parts?

Well, I can understand that Paul is quite busy. The part that I really want to see most are the asymmetrical Y-racks for sidewinders, etc.. No one has accurately done them in 1/32 scale. Of course other Crusader conversions and corrections would be welcome too.

Bill M.

Good point. The Sidewinder rails are "unique", to put it mildly. I'm sure Paul is aware of this. If i were him i'd probably be pondering how to go about casting something like that, but strictly a guess on my part. Due to its shape, not sure if you could make it a one piece casting.

-d-

If you're thinking about new parts or conversions, how about this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vought_F-8_Crusader#/media/File:NASA_F-8A_Crusader_Supercritical_Wing_Aircraft_-_GPN-2000-002001.jpg

It's probably a pipe dream, but as a NASA and F-8 aficionado I'd love to see it, certainly the prettiest paint scheme to ever adorn a Crusader.

Bob

That is an interesting F-8-- no doubt. I'm just interested in some corrected parts to build a correct F-8E/J fighter. The asymmetrical Y missile racks are absolutely needed. Corrections to make the nose more round would certainly be welcome too. Hopefully someone will do them someday.

Bill M.

In view of Paul indicating that he was contemplating some F-8 detail parts like landing gear and Y racks, I'm curious as to whether there is any news or updates on this-- such as what will be offered, when it might be available, etc.?

The announcement of new F-8 Mig Killer decals by Zotz has me excited about starting an F-8E build!

Bill M.