Revell Mustang III

CANicoll

Sorry, no pics this time, but got most of the decaling done including a bunch of stencils I don't usually do - just for the fun of it.  Need to lay down another gloss coat to seal everything in and do some touch up painting, should be this week.  Mask and spray the canopy and then should be about done!

Finally a photo update!  Getting close but some fit issues have finally cropped up - especially with the landing gear just not wanting to fit and the nose panel/exhaust having some big gaps.  But the front windscreen is going to be a real pain.  There is no ledge at the front for the windscreen to fit into.  Will be interesting.

Here goes: still wearing part of the gloss coat for the decals.  Amazingly enough, the large decals went down pretty well, but most of the stencil decals silvered no matter what I did.  Have not quite figured that out...

DSC_0030_zpscimisinp.jpg

But I'm pretty happy with these old decals overall.  Now with the flat coat:

DSC_0035_zpsyzsh84vk.jpg

DSC_0036_zps6dr1hoec.jpg

Sorry not quite as in focus as I wanted.

DSC_0037_zpsw39jeigm.jpg

The fit around the nose is not the best and especially under the exhausts and where the nosecone fits.  Part of the spinner not fitting well is that the peg it attaches to, inside the engine, slides backwards as you push the spinner on.  Bad design there.

DSC_0038_zps4pltotfg.jpg

DSC_0034_zpselqtj0ra.jpg

Tomorrow should be able to get her up on her wheels and hopefully get the canopy addressed.

Edited by CANicoll

Getting closer and closer!  The canopy is rather ill fitting, but I'm not going to put the effort into correcting it.  I posed the landing gear doors partly down just for variety and maybe as a precursor to the next Mustang I'm planning.  The background is actually from Amazon Prime video - its Bryce Canyon in Utah - a 1 hour 'relaxation' video - free with your Prime membership.  Ha!!   I've not hit the wings yet with that yellow band either.  

DSC_0041_zpsarujjofc.jpg

DSC_0043_zpsgxqt5mnf.jpg

And i SERIOUSLY need to get some lessons on painting figures. OMG - my pilot looks like a ghost!

Might be able to finish tomorrow!

Ok, well, she's not exactly done-and-dusted, but I'm calling it close enough.  I put her in 'Ready for Inspection' - just don't look too close ok?   :innocent:

It was fun and thanks for watching!  In my recently arrived purchase is another Tamiya P-51D, with lots of Baracuda details and EagleCal decals.  Will keep you waiting a while before I start that one I think.

Chris