Mini Buddy build......well, maybe....

Wolf Buddee

A while ago Martin brought me a Tiger Models Bf`109 as I has expressed an interest in building one. I was inspired by ScanmanDan's brilliant build of the kit here on this forum. Martin suggested a buddy build so I hope he'll step up and join me.

I have to say, I'm impressed with the overall quality of the mouldings of this kit. The panel lines are crisp and clean and even though it's a "snap fit" kit, it really fits together quite well. Despite it also being a caricature piece it still looks every bit a 109E. That said, I couldn't help put enhance some parts of the kit and I plan on taking a similar path to ScanmanDan on dressing up the cockpit. The really nice part of this kit is that you can put the whole thing together to see where you want to embellish it, then take the whole thing apart and go from there. I'll come up with my own marking scheme as well.

The following pics will tell a lot of the story. I found that the kit canopy didn't fit on to the fuselage as well as I'd hoped so I removed all the attachment points on the canopy. The two front ones were rather large and very visible so they were cut off and the interior of the canopy was sanded, polished, and finally dipped in future to restore clarity. The rear most attachment point was simply removed with no extra restoration required. The spots where the canopy attachment points fit in to the fuselage were filled and the rear slope of the fuselage where the canopy rests was shimmed to close a slight gap. I also extended the seat height slightly which then hid the large opening in the rear cockpit wall. Other'n that I have a few more pieces to scratch build and add to the cockpit and then I'll be able to get some paint on 'er.

Cheers,

Wolf

TM-109-6_zpst2iuqgdq.jpg

TM-109-7_zpscumigzra.jpg

TM-109-1_zps9vyjwm8j.jpg

TM-109-4_zps56g025nf.jpg

TM-109-5_zpsote4xifn.jpg

TM-109-3_zpsfgiwxabr.jpg

TM-109-2_zpsbune9vib.jpg

Actually it was Wolf's idea. Anything that will destruct him from building inferior tamiya models :).

On ma vacation I accidentally bumped into these kits so here we go. Two months later, four hour of work in my kitchen while dealing with the parenting issues we have some results.

Just so you guys won't get mistaken between out models, I will post black and white. Just kidding. 

My builds are in sharp contrast with Wolf's way of building and presentation. Also we have different priorities in visualizing of details. This kit is certainly worth of some effort and has plenty of potential. 

My 3.5 year old was already flying with it all over the room and nothing broke off !

In terms of the camp. scheme I have been contemplating , desert sports or Slovakian bird with blue crosses and all the jazz.

Enough said.

ready?

go

4r2qvQy.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

In addition to the overall beauty of this little gem i added some silver beads to represent the barrels and 1/48 scale seat belts. Then I cut and drilled few vents and eliminated an extra exhaust stack, it was V12 not 14 :party0023:

CNVb8ef.jpg

There is a reason for Slovakian Emil, it doesn't need swastika, nothing against a little windmill, but the tail is way too small for it. Also I do not have to build tropical extension for supercharger intake. Also 87.5 % of members at this forum have no/or minimal knowledge of Slovak Air Force deployment at the Eastern Front. 

here is one picture from my hometown airfield  Bratislava-Vajnory

obrazok_377_20131211_021055625.jpg

Also Slovak Bf-109E were pile of junk pieced together from whatever was available, sold to Slovakia by RLM for a price of a new equipment . Often resulting to weird mixture of assemblies and addition, majority had filter from "T" version for example.

emil_bigga_20151017_11162791.jpg

Thanks for stopping by Maru. Of course, it's always a pleasure.

It's quite funny actually, working on this mini build, as it's been surprisingly tough not to take the whole thing too seriously. I look at the bits and pieces and try to figure out how one thing or another can be tweaked or modified. I have to stop myself and remember this is supposed to be a bit of a lark, just pure and simple fun. It's all Martin's fault!

Take care.

Cheers,

Wolf