Hasegawa me 163

simon64

Id agree with most all of the above assessments.  I would also indicate that even though long in the tooth, the Has kit has several distinct advantages over the Meng kit, and considering im in teh middle of a build of the Meng version I can tell you FIRST hand, that that tiny kit IS WORK. Unlike the Has version, the Meng air-frame consists of no less than 12 pieces, with 8 of those in that tiny fuselage alone. 

Rocketeer did a very nice sheet for the Me 163B with something like 17 options. It appears to be OOP, but there's always eBay:
http://www.rocketeer.jp/me163b-komet-132-2/

It appears to be OOP, but there's always eBay

I have to wish good luck on that one. I havnt seen that OOP sheet appear on E-bay in a LONG time. 

FYI to anyone interested, I have that OOP sheet, unmolested for sale if anyone is interested.

Edited by Out2gtcha

I'm in the same position with my Hase 163. Bought on Ebay for 20usd and came with the eduard photo etch. Tried to find the Rocketeer sheet but of course had no luck, so a couple months back I got the Foxbot sheet from the Ukraine on Ebay. Arrived fairly quickly and has quite a few options, Cheaper than the Rocketeer and looks very good.

That Rocketeer sheet is outstanding. Highly recommend it, thought it has so many options on it that it's kind of overkill and expensive.

Here's a link to my build last year, using Derek's Jagerfaust conversion: http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=2502

Tim

And a link to a good pit on ebay...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aires-Hobby-2198-1-32-Me163B-Komet-Cockpit-Set-For-MGK-/291912807670?hash=item43f75bf4f6:g:9qAAAOSwYIxYA27z

I LOVE your build!  Your idea for the in-flight display stand is fantastic!  I may steal that some day...

Moreso than most aircraft, an Me-163 just looks stupid sitting on the ground on that silly dolly they used.

This little sucker is made to be soaring up into the air at an unheard of climb rate for WWII....with long smoke trail following behind, kind of like a mini space shuttle launch! 

Your display stand idea really captures that spirit...

ENagATV1Gr9eg.gif

I LOVE your build!  Your idea for the in-flight display stand is fantastic!  I may steal that some day...

Moreso than most aircraft, an Me-163 just looks stupid sitting on the ground on that silly dolly they used.

This little sucker is made to be soaring up into the air at an unheard of climb rate for WWII....with long smoke trail following behind, kind of like a mini space shuttle launch! 

Your display stand idea really captures that spirit...

Than you for the kind comments. I totally agree that it belongs in the air, and that was exactly my intent. I think most planes look funny on the ground. Seriously considering doing the Tamiya Corsair that way. That bent wing bird really looks best in flight.

Good luck with your 163 build. That hase kit is a lot of fun! You might hit harvey up about the Rocketeer sheet. There are 6 planes on it, and I only used one, so I gave the remnants of my sheet to him. I suspect he won't use them all, so maybe he'd share with you. Excellent decals.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Total disaster (not the kit). My much treasured  "man cave" has died  :deadhorse:  It,s a shed that I paid a fourtune for and has developed several bad leaks that are beyond repair  - all my reference material & magazines totaled, fortunatly all the kits were in plastic boxes and have survived with no damaged but most of my tools particually my compressor ruined, ah well I was going to get a new one anyway. So untill I get a new play pen (as the wife calls it) all builds are on hold. B****y shed builders   :fight:  

Seriously bad news. Best of luck in deciding what you truly find compelling. Try to have fun in the process.

My own "cave" in the garage needs thinning, but I would never wish what you had happen on anyone.

Tnarg

Thank you one and all for the words of understanding. The dog has come home realising it wasn't his fault for all the bad language was being used more than usual espicaly as there was no Dragon instructions to be seen any where (I am shure that he has realised that type of instruction booklet will result in a major melt down - why do you think I've taken a break from afv's) and i've realised that all the swaring is of no use help what so ever  :fight: . The main problem is going to be replacing 20 odd years of book's magazines etc. And guess what the shed company has gone bankrupt so there goes the garantee. I will get my revenge :evil_laugh:  :evil_laugh: . Seriously though thanks for all your support and ranting over! 

Total disaster (not the kit). My much treasured  "man cave" has died  :deadhorse:  It,s a shed that I paid a fourtune for and has developed several bad leaks that are beyond repair  - all my reference material & magazines totaled, fortunatly all the kits were in plastic boxes and have survived with no damaged but most of my tools particually my compressor ruined, ah well I was going to get a new one anyway. So untill I get a new play pen (as the wife calls it) all builds are on hold. B****y shed builders   :fight:  

I keep most of my stash in unheated storage. I bought a "portable file holder" - all instructions and decal sheets are stored in the house. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Jennings, thank you very much for such a generous offer, I'll have a look too see if can find some reference and photo's - I'll raid my freinds stsah of reference. Bill that's agreat idea I shall follow. I lost about 25 decal packs Eaglecal 1/48 Jv 44 and such like.