Ki-61 Tony; 68 Sentai, FINISHED!!!!!

LSP_K2

OK, fellas, I'm way more than pleased to now (finally) show here, only the second LSP that I've finished since joining this site seven plus years ago (unbelievable). As some may already know, this model seemed to fight me every step of the way (mostly my fault though, or so I assume), but I was doggedly determined to see it through to the bitter end. I continued to have mistakes right up until the last few minutes; previously applied navigation light masking on wingtips would not budge, so I just painted over the Alclad with clear red and blue,… then stuck my finger in the still wet clear blue. I then threw the remnants of one sprue into the filthy trash,… that still had a part attached to it that I needed.  :blush: The really great news here is that I can now finally move onto some other projects,… guilt free!

Please feel free to share your thoughts, good or bad.

-61%20final%202%20024_zpstxatot49.jpg

-61%20final%202%20021_zpsccyhz8vy.jpg

Very nice Ki-61, Kevin ! :clap2:

And a great satisfaction after all the troubles you went through :)

If that can reassure (hem, hem) you, I joined here in 2008 and have finished only two LSPs since, and then only in the last 15 months ;) !

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Very nice Ki-61, Kevin ! :clap2:

And a great satisfaction after all the troubles you went through :)

If that can reassure (hem, hem) you, I joined here in 2008 and have finished only two LSPs since, and then only in the last 15 months ;) !

Hubert

Yep, seven years is way too long between finished models. I've been a great starter, but a poor finisher. I need to change that, big time.

OK, fellas, I'm way more than pleased to now (finally) show here, only the second LSP that I've finished since joining this site seven plus years ago (unbelievable). As some may already know, this model seemed to fight me every step of the way (mostly my fault though, or so I assume), but I was doggedly determined to see it through to the bitter end. I continued to have mistakes right up until the last few minutes; previously applied navigation light masking on wingtips would not budge, so I just painted over the Alclad with clear red and blue,… then stuck my finger in the still wet clear blue. I then threw the remnants of one sprue into the filthy trash,… that still had a part attached to it that I needed.  :blush: The really great news here is that I can now finally move onto some other projects,… guilt free!

Please feel free to share your thoughts, good or bad.

-61%20final%202%20024_zpstxatot49.jpg

-61%20final%202%20021_zpsccyhz8vy.jpg

One of the best finishes on a Tony I have ever seen.  The hastily field-applied camo is spot on.