December releases from WNW?

ringleheim

It's getting close to that time of year when Wingnut Wings seems to release one or more new kits.

I guess the next kit up is expected to be the Sopwith Camel.

Does anyone think they will also announce a surprise release around Christmas time as they have done in the past?

If so, any guesses what it might be?

:piliot:

The Camel will include at least one set of USAS markings. I'm hoping for a 2F.1 Camel, and would like to see a Sopwith baby, Short seaplane, Junkers D.1 and a Fokker DVIII.

Dr.I for me, Mike, but I'm not real optimistic.

Don't count on the release until just days before it's too late to order in time for Christmas delivery. If it isn't a Camel, then maybe we could see the BE.2C and E that have some press in recent WIndsock Datafiles. Although if the Datafiles are the guide, I'd really like to see that Aviatik Berg D.I as a surprise.

Tnarg

It really seems such an obvious choice to release a Camel & a Fokker tripe as one of those Duelists boxings, complete with Roy Brown and Von Richtofen markings. Then again, they could easily just repop the Se.5a with a Fokker F.1 as part of a Duelist set featuring Werner Voss and Rhys Davids and/or McCudden.

Edited by esarmstrong

Me too,  I love their kits but my eyes fail me,  rigging just isn't fun anymore because I get so frustrated with not being able to focus on really small stuff well and the mag light looses dept perception so "hitting the hole" with EZ line is next to impossible for me now.

I hope we get something as a surprise we have not heard about.

Would love to see a Dr.1 as well.

My vote goes for the Caudron G.4 bomber.

Such a neat aircraft and it would be something like 9" x 21" which is big enough to be impressive but not impossible to display.

The DR.1 and Camel combo is a no brainer.

A Be.2c and Taube duellist set would be cool as well. Observers standing up and waving 6 shooters at each other would be priceless.

Yep, that's a duelist set that I'd really enjoy. As to the Taube, I'd probably have to have one of those too.

The Roden Dr-1 is a good kit. As is the Roden SPAD VII. I'm not sure how much WNW could improve the Roden kit. A little I suppose, but there are lots of other types I'd rather see.

While I agree the Roden kit is quite acceptable, to me it's the same as saying Hasegawa already does a nice ki-61, so one from Tamiya wouldn't be desired. No matter how decent the Roden kit is, a WNW example would almost certainly be better and in almost every area. Since the Dr.I is one of my absolute all time favorite WWI machines (the D.VII being the other), I want the absolute best there is.

(I've still not yet started the Dr.I/F.I that I got from you, Mike, but one day,...)

The Camel will include at least one set of USAS markings. I'm hoping for a 2F.1 Camel, and would like to see a Sopwith baby, Short seaplane, Junkers D.1 and a Fokker DVIII. 

Would love to see an E.V / D.VIII, Hanriot HD.1, Avro 504K and a Bristol Scout.

+1 here for the Sopwith Baby and the Avro 504.  Any variant of the latter will do, but a K boxing and a post-War N boxing would really make my day.