Let's get to know each other a little better. Show a photo of your

Jasta 14 addict

(Someone mentioned facial hair -- How many here served in the military? Those who leave the service tend to gain weight, hair gets much longer and they stop shaving. At least that's been my observation!)

Quite true as that it my observation as well. Served in the US Army, then grew my hair long and had various beards. But, I haven't gained weight for some reason. I've been right around 200 pounds or less (6' tall) since the end of my 3 years of active duty in '87. Eventually outgrew the long hair and beards as being impractical/unprofessional. 

D

Edited by D Bellis

A few more pictures of me and my life i gathered yesterday. I found a few more pictures of when i was in China, and others with my kids but did not have the time to upload them.

Somthing you wont see often, me in a suit in 2009 (at a pre-wedding party... Look how i want to stab that cake !) :

IMG_6743_zpsva06dz2v.jpg

At my wedding, still some cakes present :

IMG_5217_zpspmjhrzna.jpg

Me shooting my 1911, 2009 :

Photo%20ibzenco%20012_zpswcu9o92m.jpg

Maybe the oldest picture i have at hand, me in 1998 or 1999 (18 years old !) :

031220111418_zpsax3ayaqd.jpg

With my first born in 2010 :

17092010298_zpsqkksx7xf.jpg

At the Red Square in 2009, certainly awaiting instructions or microfilms from the soviet spy :

GSC_0843_zpsmjauxfgl.jpg

Shooting a Soyuz capsule, i think the picture is funny. I'm an anti-selfie guy (i call it "selfish" instead of selfie :) ) but this concept of Soyuz-selfie is interesting !

DSC_0996_zps1ssbuomg.jpg

With a bunch of old MiG's in 2012 or 2013:

DSC_0681_zpsihedri6l.jpg

With a two-seater Me262 (maybe an Avia CS.92) :

DSC_0533_zpsygkdh1o9.jpg

Edited by Zero77

I had facial hair at one point, for the 150th anniversary of Shiloh reenactment in 2012.  But it comes in all greyish now.

Didn't like the look.  Neither did the missus, so that decided that!

I wish I looked like Lord Flasheart sometimes...

Hurrah!

Tim W.

tim+and+VStrom500px.jpg

I must take some more up-to-date pics though, I swapped this bike for a Kawasaki Versys 1000 a little while ago. The Suzuki was great, but a glitch in the ECU never got sorted out, and having had the thing try and kill me on at least a couple of dozen occasions, I threw in the towel with it. I gather Suzuki have since sorted the issue and replaced a few customers ECUs, but they were too, too slow for me. I am now a VERY happy Kawasaki customer!!

Duh!! Just realised my member picture shows the new bike!!

12190823_838498079602739_724746538216122

That's better!!

Edited by wunwinglow

I am somewhere in there/here.... :fight:  :fight:  :redx:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=english+police+officer+in+riot+gear&gfe_rd=cr&ei=MMAJWKRVyMdk6ceX-Aw#gfe_rd=cr&imgdii=HN7ZOKedFkp1MM%3A%3BUXX7OiHnpa0vBM%3A&imgrc=UXX7OiHnpa0vBM%3A

SO when you click on  that HUGE link... images  appear in a row.. go to the 5th image along.

I am in there taking part in a riot ! As a COP of course not the hooligan yobbos we dealt with!!

:whistle:

There can be few sides of life that you have not seen or experienced Maru.

Derek

This Old Dog loves DHC planes.

RayandtheGypsy001.jpg

Clunkmiester may remember this a/c at Regina Flying Club

TigerByTheTail-1.jpg

And this is a younger me photo-shopped beside a 1:32 scale Tiger replica of my first a/c..  And for the Clunk..that Tomahawk carries the registration of one of the RFC's first aircraft, a 1929 DH60M

Barney

A bit late to this thread, having been away for a while, but here's few recent mug shots of yours truly (white, male, not overweight, not middle-aged!) with friends:

DSCN7861_zpsfycphw1q.jpg

Happily anticipating my coffee and cake at a coffee house in Mechelen (Belgium).

IMG_0576_zpsgceihuwz.jpg

The lovely lady I'm marrying next year and her gorgeous daughter :)

IMG_1498_zpsyb3gxw9v.jpg

Back home after a bike ride with my friend Emmanuel Gruntfuttock.

Time to work on the sadly neglected Anson........!

Max

ClunkL  AKT and AKP were the first two 60M at RFC and they carried the British prefix to the registration.  I was the manager at RFC, leaving in Aug 1979.  Those two Tomahawks were straight from the factory with the Gold trim especially for the 50th anniversary of the club.

As for UBA, it was in good shape when I left and the pilot during the last flight had been banned from RFC for dangerous flying but I guess his father managed to get the BofDs to reinstate him.

Edited by Old Dog Flying