Guest DannyVM

Let's get to know each other a little better. Show a photo of your

Karim my friend good to see your smiling face ! BTW, who's napping under the engine ? :rolleyes: .....Harv

One of the engineers trying to look busy ...napping? the birds are napping permanently lol!

Mine has been broken 9 times. :D

Once for me, when a wave crashed onto me when I was body surfing, driving me down face first into an underwater rock. I was bleeding like a stuck pig, and still have a bit of a Roman Hook on my schnozz to show for it.

A dark Lord of the Sith going after you with his wicker if you don't behave! :fight:

Naw, actually one of our 'Bufdis', a guy serving a year of volunteer social service in our house after school in his disguise as Knecht Ruprecht . A ton of black theatre make up, I think he's still scrubbing his face :D

Guest DannyVM

And the angel of death ???? LOL.....Harv 

You couldn't say that over here in Belgium Harv. At the moment there's a real tumult about a racisme question in Belgium. We called them Zwarte Piet ( Saint Nicholas' helper) and he's black. Now racist groups claim that this is a form of slavery, and foreign minority groups here in Belgium are happy to jump on the wagon to forbid the black image of the Saint Nicholas' helper.

But that said....................i like your interpretation of the so called "Angel of Death" :thumbsup: 

Sorry guy's if i went political.................now back on topic :shrug: 

Greetz

Danny 

I know about the accusation of depiction of racism with the 'zwarte Piet' in the Benelux as well as with Knecht Ruprecht as we did. I'm sure noone who's going to put the discussion away as complete nonsense, but then, I don't have enough background knowledge to come to a final opinion. It sure shouldn't end up like last year or two ago somewhere in the Netherlands, where the arrival of the Sinterklaas ended in a brawl over the blackface depiction of zwarte Piet. Yeah, children anticipate the arrival of Sinterklaas in excitement, and then people go at each other. Awesome! :mental: How come I for one tend to see democracy in general to be at risk, one of the reasons being the decline in the culture of debate, that being just one example? But enough political rant for today. And apologies if anyone feels offended.

But then, we kinda have the privilege I'm working in a retirement home, average age well over 80, many being demented. We are not going outside the facility, and thus we don't have to go through the discussion for now. Many residents won't understand it anyway, they are used to Santa and Knecht Ruprecht as pictured above, and the others will question why it wasn't an issue yesterday but is an issue now. It will probably change with coming generations.

Our other volunteer, who's coming from Eritrea and thus coloured himself had a blast upon seeing us, though :lol: Took him almost five minutes for him to stop laughing

Watching the Discovery History channel today on the telly - "Top Ten Bombers Of All Time" episode. Interesting, I thought, so worth a watch.

The quality control is seriously lacking. Here's an example - can you spot the mistake?

20161207_133357_zpsmoaludwc.jpg