DannyVM

Let's get to know each other a little better. Show a photo of your

Well......

Okay. I don't consider myself very photogenic,  but on the other hand i don't believe in hiding behind an icon of a celebrity i never met, either.

Falcon%20and%20the%20Mongoose_zpsqedt8ty

Taken last year. The plane is a Falcon 50.

And then this was taken after my first flight (yes, from the front seat) of a North American Harvard.

Harvard-1_zps3jktxeyn.jpg

-d-

Geez, that's a well organized work area.   Mine is a bit more chaotic!

Tim W.

Thank's Tim,

photo is taken this afternoon between progress on the Tamiya Corsair.

I don't have a lot of good photos of myself. Not because I'm shy, but I'm usually the one taking photos of everyone else in the family!

Here's my wife and I at the Northern Invasion music festival last year.

20150509_1834030_zpsjymqkdgm.jpg

And without the hat and shades (which I rarely go without!) just a couple months ago.

20160806_203844_zpsqbt48qpv.jpg

John

Very nice John, and i'm glad that i don't have to ask for your wife her age...........we all now now she's 29............. :whistle:  :whistle:

Great photo's guy's, i'm sure there are more...........

Greetz

Danny

Well, this is an aviation site, so here are a few extra of that ilk, recently scanned from slides by my wife.

At 11, I started babysitting for a family with an air service, and "sat" my way through flying lessons. At 12, I graduated from the Citabria to a new Arrow with the Hershey bar wing. Most airbums washed and gassed planes for stick time, I babysat. Odd, huh?

5bda8d3e-473e-43ef-b192-29678955e242_zps

At 16, I had soloed the Citabria several times, and attended Glider school through the Royal Canadian Air Cadets in Rivers, Manitoba. Here is the day of my graduation with a fresh glider certificate.

9b49cfec-3442-4e1a-b3b4-a9e63815cf68_zps

And one year later, after 29 hours, I took my Private Pilot check ride and passed in this Traumahawk. I had to fly 6 more hours to meet the minimum, since the 100+ hours I had flown before I was 15 didn't count as I didn't have a Student Permit. That lady with me is my Mom. standard procedure with the Tomahawk was to keep the flaps down when the aircraft was parked. If you step on them, you mess up the mechanism. In Canada, spins were mandatory, and they were the only thing I was terrified of. Performing them in the Citabria traumatized me as an 11 year old, but the Traumahawk cured that fear very fast. It would spin at the drop of a hat. Honest and stable it was, but get slow and cross controlled, and you, sir, are going for a ride..

e64249dd-37a4-4d02-a694-36de44122002_zps

Commercial and multi IFR followed, and when out of the Army and free, I went north to fly in the arctic, never to log one second of nosewheel time for over 4 years. :)

To this day, if you put me in a jet and asked me to start it, I couldn't. I know NOTHING about kerosene burners. but I'll fly anything at all with a round engine.

Thanks Bill. I even fixed them myself now. :)

Edited by Clunkmeister