Let's get to know each other a little better. Show a photo of your

Jasta 14 addict

20201225_140335

The wife insists on buying pyjamas for Christmas Eve presents. Every year. I've got cupboards bursting with bloody Christmas themed pyjamas, but she won't stop.

Unfortunately, I'm the camel toothed old bloke on the right. My son is doing his best elf impression.

I can't wait to see what the next Christmas brings......

On 2/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, Bomber Command nut said:

Maru

When Vera came over in 2014 she did indeed met up with Thumper but after, Vera was 'station' at the former airfield at Kirmington (166 Squadron) better known as Humberside International. Both aircraft flew together on a number of occasions and I was lucky enough to have been able to get to the many locations around Lincolnshire when they did including the occasion when they flew around Lincoln Cathedral with that other AVRO Icon, the Vulcan bomber.

Waddo-Canuck-Lanc-001

mpk

How I would love to weather a 1:1 Lancaster with my own choice of squadron marking etc.

I personally think that NX611 'Just Jane' should change her ID on a more frequent basis to represent a few more aircraft  . . .

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome

best regards

Ian

I managed twice,  Shuttleworth and Gransden.  Wonderful sight and sound.

On 2/4/2021 at 4:42 AM, Bomber Command nut said:

How I would love to weather a 1:1 Lancaster with my own choice of squadron marking etc.

I personally think that NX611 'Just Jane' should change her ID on a more frequent basis to represent a few more aircraft  . . .

Ian

Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum was doing that for a few years. They would change the nose art and codes on the port side (that's predominantly where nose art was done during wartime) to represent other significant RCAF Lancasters.

First was "Ropey", VR-R of 419 Squadron in 2014:

u1fe8MT.jpg

In 2015 they did "X-Terminator", VR-X from 419 Squadron:

Tbp3Cnrh.jpg

And the last one was in 2016, "Lady Orchid" WL-O from 434 Squadron:

AbNiYhSh.jpg

Hopefully they will continue the tradition once things open up again safely.

Richard

• 9 months later...

hi, I'm still exploring the site, and I discovered this nice initiative.

one thing I don't like about social media is writing hidden behind a keyboard, so it seems to me a nice thing to do, introduce myself by putting my face on it!

ladies and gentlemen, a slightly younger myself just few years ago, when I still flew my beloved and never forgotten MD82.

you can pick up the blue or the red pill.. nothing changes, just the red one it's at cherry taste.

4641efc1-625f-41c0-beb4-6bb82c1019fe.JPG

and nowadays, while trying to have some reading when one of my seven cats has decided it's snuggles time.

IMG_8792.jpeg

cheers, Paolo

Hello, Stefan from Switzerland here, my very 1st message on this fine forum.

I am mainly a commercial aviation enthusiast (which means I will never be able to present my current projects on the main forums, except on the non LSP subjects) but will never turn down large scale military planes (KH 1/32 OV-10A/C Bronco & SH 1/32 Tempest Mk.VI being my latest purchases).

My bought/completed ratio is quite miserably infinitesimal, 100/2, but as years are passing, I am discovering another pleasure, reviewing kits for myself... basically masking the fact that the painting stage frightens me (so many variables, unlike IMHO glueing, puttying, sanding, polishing). That makes for a big stash of about 700 model kits in scales ranging from 1/24 to 1/200. I am fortunate to own a big 16m² x 3.5m high basement.

Looking forward to future interactions with you!

Cheers, Stefan

PS: photo will come later, as I discover the forum's functions.

On 12/3/2021 at 4:04 AM, Silver Seraph said:

Hello, Stefan from Switzerland here, my very 1st message on this fine forum.

I am mainly a commercial aviation enthusiast (which means I will never be able to present my current projects on the main forums, except on the non LSP subjects) but will never turn down large scale military planes (KH 1/32 OV-10A/C Bronco & SH 1/32 Tempest Mk.VI being my latest purchases).

My bought/completed ratio is quite miserably infinitesimal, 100/2, but as years are passing, I am discovering another pleasure, reviewing kits for myself... basically masking the fact that the painting stage frightens me (so many variables, unlike IMHO glueing, puttying, sanding, polishing). That makes for a big stash of about 700 model kits in scales ranging from 1/24 to 1/200. I am fortunate to own a big 16m² x 3.5m high basement.

Looking forward to future interactions with you!

Cheers, Stefan

PS: photo will come later, as I discover the forum's functions.

Welcome Stefan!

:post1:

On 11/27/2021 at 7:39 PM, mc65 said:

hi, I'm still exploring the site, and I discovered this nice initiative.

one thing I don't like about social media is writing hidden behind a keyboard, so it seems to me a nice thing to do, introduce myself by putting my face on it!

ladies and gentlemen, a slightly younger myself just few years ago, when I still flew my beloved and never forgotten MD82.

you can pick up the blue or the red pill.. nothing changes, just the red one it's at cherry taste.

4641efc1-625f-41c0-beb4-6bb82c1019fe.JPG

and nowadays, while trying to have some reading when one of my seven cats has decided it's snuggles time.

IMG_8792.jpeg

cheers, Paolo

Kitties are always good for snuggles! 

Can be good modeling buddies, but the tendency to jump on the bench limits that a bit.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:36 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Kitties are always good for snuggles! 

Can be good modeling buddies, but the tendency to jump on the bench limits that a bit.

oh, my not-so-domestic cats well know where is the boundary to not trespass. the problem is that they keep on trying to eat me!

IMG-7595.jpg

1 hour ago, mc65 said:

oh, my not-so-domestic cats well know where is the boundary to not trespass. the problem is that they keep on trying to eat me!

IMG-7595.jpg

Well, they do tend to press their luck!

Our smallest has now come into her absolute favorite time of the year, when she gets to do one of her all time favorite things, scaling the Christmas tree. 

She was really mad last year as I wouldn't put the top on the fake tree so she could "summit"

20171126_210212-X3.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I signed up after I read Mark's review of my PPM Spitfire conversions kits I produced back in the '90s.  I also did the masters for the 1/32 Mk IX and I guess those ended up with several companies from the looks of it.  Still modeling almost 30 years later and grayer.  Still have the masters for those conversion kits too.  Trying to find decent production these days is another story...