Let's get to know each other a little better. Show a photo of your

Jasta 14 addict

• 1 year later...

I dunno if I am me. For all I know I am something else. Perhaps a potted plant or a kettle.

With this in mind, I'll show people who are within my orbit.

Yolanda. A student. This shot taken 30 minutes ago at her gig. I  am so proud. She's coming for a lesson on Tuesday. I have a surprise for her. I am passing on a lovely Turkish cymbal. She needs it and I want her to own it. Plus I still have too much equipment. I teach her drum set and percussion. Mainly Brasilian and Afro Cuban on various instruments ftrom drum set to cuica. 

GCNQPk.jpg

This is Luna. Luna and I have been close for some time. Luna has only been to visit me at certain time when I was home and very sick. One day Luna knocked. I was too sick and didn't want to answer the door. Luna got impatient and kept knocking.

Luna stopped coming over when I was no longer that sick. 

LlrQYa.jpg

This is the Machine!!!! If I ever make him laugh, it often gets out of control. As can be seen. The Machine began with me when he was 3. He is now 12.

This is his reaction to the very silly word, paradiddle.

Perhaps it was the way I pronounced it?

7b5kPe.jpg

Here is a hilarious 5 year old. She loves to wear my hats.

LDHXJC.jpg

This is me on the left at a drum festival with the owner of the shop I taught for as senior teacher teaching drums and ethnic percussion. The shop did not survive covid. We are at a drum festival. I think I gave or wad supposed to give a master class. I can't remember.

01b9Xg.jpg

This is Jeff. Jeff is a student and wonderful drummer. You can hear him on many TV shows such as Vampire diaries and many others. Jeff really wanted to interview me for his drumming podcast. 

UtvhaB.jpg

Another student, Luke. Another student who has gone on to acchieve wonderful success playing with The Preachers.

6LXDLq.jpg

The Preachers.

My brother at one of his many worldwide shows.

xq1JuH.jpg

Myself in the past before I broke my back.

8dXGEQ.jpg

My niece.

ck6k3Q.jpg

My nephew winning a film making award.

1oGx40.jpg

91 year old father.

e3FVJW.jpg

Myself on stage playing congas with a band while on a 2 day release from hospital. I have no memory of it. The device carrying my medicine to my heart through my chest cannot be seen. It's behind me. I was crazy. I ended up having 389 doses of chemo. I thought it wss only 290. My doctor disabused me of this a few months ago. 42 lumbar punctures. I thought it was only 34.

The following day I was back in hospital. I got out about 6 months later.

The bass player is in my own band now.

ypi57v.jpg

My own band. My 2nd drumming gig following my cancer. I can't afford to pay them to rehearse. We jam. My job here is to make the music work. I play an interesting enough funky groove and hold the time steady so they can be comfortable. It's my first time as leader.

The Band Without A Name.

Edited by mpk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ironelf said:

Hello: 

I couldn't figure out how to upload a photo so I'll just say hi. When I'm not working on a model I'm an acquisitions editor in publishing (I created the Stackpole Military History Series). I'm also an author (mostly fantasy).

Cheers,

Chris

https://www.chrisevansauthor.com

Impressive!

1 hour ago, ironelf said:

Hello: 

I couldn't figure out how to upload a photo so I'll just say hi. When I'm not working on a model I'm an acquisitions editor in publishing (I created the Stackpole Military History Series). I'm also an author (mostly fantasy).

Cheers,

Chris

Welcome to the forums!       :post1:

On 1/29/2021 at 8:47 AM, ironelf said:

Hello: 

Cheers,

Chris

Well now....some of your titles look VERY interesting. I will be checking them out.

8 hours ago, Bomber Command nut said:

I'll take a chance nobody recognizes me from authority :coolio:

Canuck-Lanc-Kirmington-19-08-14-026.jpg

Stood alongside one of my favorite girls :thumbsup:

best to all

Ian

Hi Ian. That's the most realistic model I've ever seen. Are you gunna weather it??? :innocent:

Nice to meet you.

Maru

When Vera came over in 2014 she did indeed met up with Thumper but after, Vera was 'station' at the former airfield at Kirmington (166 Squadron) better known as Humberside International. Both aircraft flew together on a number of occasions and I was lucky enough to have been able to get to the many locations around Lincolnshire when they did including the occasion when they flew around Lincoln Cathedral with that other AVRO Icon, the Vulcan bomber.

Waddo-Canuck-Lanc-001

mpk

How I would love to weather a 1:1 Lancaster with my own choice of squadron marking etc.

I personally think that NX611 'Just Jane' should change her ID on a more frequent basis to represent a few more aircraft  . . .

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome

best regards

Ian

I just saw a student play a gig. He did a fine job. As did the rest of the band. There is still a live scene for original music here in Sydney. Hopefully it will reclaim a somewhat normal niche.

I feel lucky to be able to play at all compared to so many other places. I hope soon we can all view it in our rear view mirrors.

5BuaZH.jpg

ZjSwVX.jpg