Me 262 HG II plans?

ChuckT

I'm hoping to make a conversion for the 32nd Trumpeter kit to transform it from a standard Me 262 to the "what if" HG II version with a V tail. I've searched online, but so far have found little as far as drawings go.

Does anyone know where I could find a set of plans for this swept wing bird?

I'm looking for the proposed HG II version with the Hes 001 engines, swept back wings, low canopy and V tail.

Hi Chuck,

the wind tunnel model had the regular tail set-up. I dare to say that V-tail is purely fictional, or perhaps a proposed solution that didn't make it on a drawing board. Maybe Steve Gallachi could help.

Cheers

Martin

PS: I had pictures of proposed development from Avia factory, that looked very similar, need to dig it out

foto1zzx.jpghgnfighter.jpgLeistungssteigerungMe262-09.pngOaTu9dl.png?1Me%20262%20development.jpgpic_35.jpg

There are quite a few books that deal specifically with secret project planes, but none that I'm aware of, have any decent scale drawings.

Luftwaffe Secret Projects, Ground Attack & Special Purpose Aircraft

Luftwaffe Secret Projects, Strategic Bombers 1935-1945

Luftwaffe Secret Projects: Fighters 1939-1945

Hey Martin, how did you guys fair with the windstorm yesterday?

Thanks for the info.

The version you have in your post is actually the HG III type, not the HG II (see pic). Being that it falls into the Luft. '46 catagory, I feel that will give me a lot of freedom when it comes to some of the details that so often bog me down in endless research=getting nothing done.

Here is the version I want to try my hand at:

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-16%20at%2010.27.

Edited by ChuckT

Volume 4 of the Classic Publications Me262 opus has a general arrangement drawing of the Me262 HGII on p764. Not a plan exactly, but might get you started? PM me for a scan; I've tried posting pics on here and always find that I get locked out of my message that I am composing :(

Padraic

So, after gathering a few drawings from here and there for the HG II, I scaled up a set of plans to 32nd scale. From there I started working on nailing down the shape for the Hes 001 engine pods. I want to try my hand at having the forms laser cut out of plastic to use to make the skeleton of a scratch built engine pod. I will cast the completed pod in resin to give me the pair needed for this bird.

Here is my first draft of the engine pods. Let me know what you think of the over all shape and if it needs any tweaking. Better to get it right now than have to go back and fix it later.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-22%20at%208.17.2