B Mk IV Revell Mosquito

Chris Wimmer

3d3JL6a.jpg

Hello Everybody!

This is my model-rendition of 105 Sqn Mosquito DZ467. The build is based on a 1970's wreckage I have found on Ebay. As reasonably priced 1/32 Mossie kits were hard to get in 2013 I started bidding just for fun and won the auction at 5 Euros. Oh dear! What followed was a 4 years modelling odyssey that finally led me to the (unmissable!) De Havilland Museum at London Colney, and in which I learned a lot about scratchbuilding and an amazing WW2-aircraft that has been rather strange to me before.

kKCeSZX.jpg

I used the Squadron canopy set, Eduard Brassin exhaust stacks and Tamiya prop blades & spinners kindly provided by Anthony from NZ. All the rest, including the wheels, was made from scratch or heavily modified, so is the engine.  

WIP is here.

Hope you like it  :)

Chris

Uer66eK.jpg

FfTTrZi.jpg

rjDmThB.jpg

v1WTHlc.jpg

44NzXZU.jpg

eVfz2cv.jpg

beglsDA.jpg

DqjOTz3.jpg

EndFSBC.jpg

bmjOpPh.jpg

Edited by Chris Wimmer
Replaced Photobucket pictures

Guest Peterpools

Chris

Outstanding build, wonderful scratch building and what a transformation of the old Revell kit.

I'm well into my Tamiya Mossie and truly can appreciate all the work you have done.

:clap2:  :clap2: :clap2:  

Peter

Chris

Outstanding build, wonderful scratch building and what a transformation of the old Revell kit.

I'm well into my Tamiya Mossie and truly can appreciate all the work you have done.

:clap2:  :clap2: :clap2:  

Peter

Thanks very much, Peter! Following your fantastic WIP with interest! 

cheers

Chris

Sorry! Was the thread title a mistake? Surely it should read "Super detailed Tamiya kit"?

Stunning work and a beautiful finished model. I followed the build thread and you took the old Revell kit with all it's basic detail and shape errors and presented us with a masterpiece. Lovely paint job and subtle weathering too!  :thumbsup:

Best regards;
Steve

Edited by fightersweep