Fw190 D-9 | 1/12th scale scratch build replica

2 hours ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

In this scale everything can be done, or so it seems. But it takes a true master to do it ... Phantastic!

Und wie waren die Käsespätzle?

Cheers

Rainer

Lecker mit grünem Salat und Grauburgunder :)

2 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Boy, does all of this look good, or what?

BFI7jQq.jpg

Are the cards' colors printed from your printer or are the cards store bought?  If they are store bought, do you have a link?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark 

they are just color prints on white paper. Colored paper should be easily available via Internet shops. 

Bye 

Hi all,

I finished the armor plates, primed them and applied a coat of red oxide primer. Then added some screws. For glueing the pates to the seat rails I added angles to the MDF jig that allow for a precise placement of the plates. And then the inevitably dry fitting .... :whistle:

eAncRzF.jpg

UlhMAOS.jpg

vgVy99S.jpg

7HqMNJq.jpg

s5Yzvru.jpg

Bye for now,

Bernd.

Absolutely brilliant work! :clap2:

I'm not familiar with the FW 190 (nor with any other WWII subject :whistle: ), so I just ask: Where these plates really painted bright red? It seems a bit strange for a military airplane. Forgive my ignorance, Bernd ...

Cheers

Rainer

2 hours ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

Absolutely brilliant work! :clap2:

I'm not familiar with the FW 190 (nor with any other WWII subject :whistle: ), so I just ask: Where these plates really painted bright red? It seems a bit strange for a military airplane. Forgive my ignorance, Bernd ...

Cheers

Rainer

Hi Rainer

the plating were 6mm-steel plates manufactured by KRUPP ( probably socalled "Wotan starr" armorsteel). Steel commonly received a red oxide primer.  In late war production the paintwork was often limited to the absolutely necessary measures for surface protection.  Color looks more red in the photos !

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I decided to join the subassemblies of the  rear upper deck and the seat rails-armor plates. After careful aligning these parts for some 30 mins. I joined them with a few drops of Loctite 480. After that came some cleaning up, de-greasing and masking/airbrushing RLM 66. I settled on RAL 7015 for RLM 66, it´s not too dark which would absorb too much light in the cockpit tub.

30oXvOz.jpg

Next are the Gerätebänke or side consoles in the cockpit. Proved to be more tricky than expected including researching the exact geometry. I hope I have it right so far.

I started by making paper templates and a styrene template. Then I cut some 2 mm MDF and made the final one. White styrene strips were used for final adjustments to make it fit properly.

C2BoyF1.jpg

3TQTiPo.jpg

12 hours ago, Antonio Argudo said:

wow, that's looking pretty cool, keep pushing that awesome cockpit, cheers 

(190A-8  cockpit though)

32-Right-hand-console-being-fit-in-cockp

33-Left-hand-console-being-fit-in-cockpi

Thanks. I have a few photos from Goshawk, too. What else do you have, pls? Bye!