Drummers of LSP, say hi and show off

Shawn M

I have to go play now guys.

i think I will just show the Sakaes. For example, I have 73 snare drums. It can get out of hand. Plus enormous amounts of percussion. 33 cowbells.

JCR looks after me now with bells. remo with heads and Instanbul cymbals. I am prety well covered. Regal tip supply my sticks too. I also have a Brazilian company that supports me.

Oh well, I am off to play kits, congas, timbales and djembe. Bye.

Well today was long and trying. However I returned home to many messages of encouragement from great drummers who are behind my performing clinics and master classes. Apparently it is thought I have much to pass on. 

Yesterday I sent an old youtube video filmed two weeks after getting out of hospital. I was not at my best, to say the least. However today felt great and people noticed a change.

I pretty much have the clinics and master classes planned in my head. My technique is coming back faster now. For example when I played the Maple Almighty a stunningly good drummer described it as "Chop city". :)

All up I have three Sakae kits.

Trilogy.

Maple Almighty.

Pack D.

The Pack D is a smaller kit suitable for kids I teach, but can also be used to perform professional gigs in small venues. I put coated Remo heads on it and with its cherry shells, seriously sounded amazing.

The maple Almighty is without a doubt the best maple kit I have ever played. Coming from a Sonor freak with nearly 40 Sonor snares, that is quite something.  Here I present new sakae artist, Dale Cleary.

20161008_122823_zpsr2iuvkvt.jpg

Edited by mpk

I have the two Sakae Trilogy snare drums. The 14x5" and 14x6 1/2.

These drums are superb.

What I always loved about doing sessions with yamaha (Sakae) drums was the fast sound check. The drums were simply made to communicate with mics. The real test of those drums was in the studio.

The best reason for accepting this endorsement was that I actually believe in the company. I did not take it to further my career. I believe with the illness my career is over anyway. However through providing education, I can sincerely give back everything I took from people such as Virgil Donati, Sunil DeSilva and others. Roy Burns gave me a great lesson, as did Louis Bellson.

I have been very lucky indeed.

20161008_125013-1_zpsk6xwi27k.jpg20161008_124616-1_zps90braz52.jpg

The Trilogy and a seperate shot of the snare. A yamaha Maple Custom was on it on this day. So funny, a Yamaha Maple Custom is actually a sakae drum. :)

7b7847eb-96c4-4527-b18d-4d1064f8f2ce_zpsForumRunner_20140922_093236_zpsxpu16gby.

So great I get to play these drums. I have decided to become a "lifer" and remain with the company for good.

Hopefully I will get a chance to record in the studio again. The last soundcheck I did for a session using a Yamaha 5 piece kit took 10 minutes. If I'd had a Pearl or something it would have been a half day. Not because Pearl or any other drum is bad. Sakae just know how to create a shell that speaks clearly to microphones. No wonder they are the most recorded drums in history.

I remember being with JR Robinson (Quincy Jones drummer) and he held up a Yamaha shell to me and said "I just love these drums. Best shells on earth!"

Sadly he went to DW after the Yamaha Sakae split. I expect him to return anytime soon. Ndugu Chancellor went back to Sakae. JR can't be too fr behind. :)