Cambrai 1917

TimW

Looks promising!

Don't be shy when adding more wire. WW1 reports tell that the wire in front of the (late war) German lines were sometimes that deep and tight it was impossible to watch from the own positions the German trench behind it. The many wires looked just like a solid mass. Image of well laid-out German wire. The wires are not only between the posts but form also aprons between the lines of fences.

Regards

- dutik

That is really awesome! Super impressive stuff Tim, the figures are really convincing, the tank looks great, and the base itself is a masterpiece. What did you use for the wire?

Jim

The old Verlinden barbed wire set.   3 sets, actually.  What you see in the pic was just one set.   

http://images.dragonhobby.com/Verlinden/0051-2.jpg

You have assembled a lot of cool things to put in this dio. The groundwork is shaping up very well so far. Love the firing slit.

J

Thanks--

It's coming together.  Originally it was going to just be British infantry going "over the top," but then I started getting creative (especially when the Tamiya Mk IV came out).

Cheers,

Tim W.

The old Verlinden barbed wire set.   3 sets, actually.  What you see in the pic was just one set.   

http://images.dragonhobby.com/Verlinden/0051-2.jpg

I've got an old sheet of barbed wire here somewhere (copper, I think) that might be Varlindon, but I'm not sure. It has always been my intention to do a WWI scene, but just never got around to it yet.

Looks promising!

Don't be shy when adding more wire. WW1 reports tell that the wire in front of the (late war) German lines were sometimes that deep and tight it was impossible to watch from the own positions the German trench behind it. The many wires looked just like a solid mass. Image of well laid-out German wire. The wires are not only between the posts but form also aprons between the lines of fences.

Regards

- dutik

Interesting--that one pic is the one I've been using as a model.  I have some shell damage to the wire, but believe me, it's going to be a real rat's nest when I get done with it.

Tim W.