WNW Albatros DVa / Pipe smoking moon!

karimb

• 2 weeks later...

Oooohhhh boy that last photo Karim.......hahahahahaha great. It's very intresting to see what kind of effect rigging has on people hihihi........

Ok serieus now..........this one hell of a superbly model you have there my friend. I have just one point to make, i hope you don't mind me saying that......the Micro Mark rivets, for me they are on the heavy side. But on the other hand, it don't disturb me. The whole model look's just gorgeous.

You've done a great work on this one my friend, congrtas with this result.

Greetz

Danny

Hey Danny

sorry for the late reply!

I agree with you the Micromark rivets are a bit on the heavy side. i think the photos make them look pretty heavy but in real life they are a bit more subdued. next time i think i will look for some other type of resin rivets probably flatter ones or just use the HGW ones and buy another set of HGW rivets for the third albatros kit in the stash...

Thanks for taking the time buddy to leave a word i am glad you like how she looks... i will be posting the ready for inspection photos today

My friend, just beautiful! I am so inspired by your work, I have one coming. Its a trade with Erni. Just love your work.....Harv

Harv thanks for the kind words.... oh youre going to love this kit if you havent had a chance yet to build one...

fantastic little gem!

Let me put it this way: You and a few others here should be banned from posting WIP pictures. I tell you why: I simply can't

justify steadily increasing doses of Prozac  to fight my depressions after looking at threads like yours   :(

But let me tell you this: One day, yes, one day I will........., or maybe not  :)

Absolutely stunning progress, I do enjoy work like yours :punk:

Lothar

Hahahahhaha Lothar  :doh: come on buddy, you guys make me pick up my jaw everytime i see the quality of your builds...

thanks for the kind kind words. i will be posting the ready for inspection photos in a bit!

Fantastic update, Karim! Your Albatros looks absolutely amazing. My only complaint is that I think the panel line shading is too strident, and needs to be toned down a bit in my view. All the same, brilliant work!

Kev

Kev buddy, i agree on that too...

Well this build has taught me a couple of lessons for next time... the preshading as you put it is too striking, the rivets are too prominent, and a couple more things that i will make sure i improve on next time!

thanks for leaving a word!

Guest Peterpools

Karim

I am just blown away .. What an update .. it's easily a textbook on the finishing portion of the build and what a textbook.

Incredible work my friend.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Karim

I am just blown away .. What an update .. it's easily a textbook on the finishing portion of the build and what a textbook.

Incredible work my friend.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Peter buddy!

thank you for all the encouragement!