Trumpeter 1/32nd FA 18F Aftermarket!

sspit62

Get a avionix F18D pit fits nicely in there and if you have an academy hornet coaming laying around use that trumps way undersized...and you'd be set.A few changes to the IP looking at ref pictures not much more needed cockpit wise anyway.

DSC_8680R_zps1mree7vi.jpg

HTH

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

And forget any detail set from Super Bug Models. This guy is a crook. I pre-order the $165 full detail set and never received anything despite my many emails, the guy used to say "please be patient, it will be done very doon" but one day he just stopped responding and disappeared. And so did my money. And it was too late for a paypal refund.

Anyway it no longer exists, but who knows, he may still be able to rip off somebody by a way or another.

Otherwise, it's not for the cockpit but there are nice ECS vents from Quickboost, both early and late models, and they are very nicely detailed.

Thanks Frederick for the heads-up. I would have never thought a cockpit for the Academy D would fit a Trumpeter F !

And forget any detail set from Super Bug Models. This guy is a crook. I pre-order the $165 full detail set and never received anything despite my many emails, the guy used to say "please be patient, it will be done very doon" but one day he just stopped responding and disappeared. And so did my money. And it was too late for a paypal refund.

Anyway it no longer exists, but who knows, he may still be able to rip off somebody by a way or another.

Otherwise, it's not for the cockpit but there are nice ECS vents from Quickboost, both early and late models, and they are very nicely detailed.

Thanks Frederick for the heads-up. I would have never thought a cockpit for the Academy D would fit a Trumpeter F !

No problem, neither did I but I thought why not give that a try the E/F relate very much to the C/D versions anyway in lay out and appearance. Since the IP coamings are off in width anyway you need to find a way to make them wider since the academy hornets are dead on in that aspect the choice was pretty easy...the rear IP coaming also exsist as a set have to dig that up though.

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

it was same (bad) guy of old Golden Dragon Producions...I'm sorry for what happened. He teased a lot of people.

Edited by Luca

I actually managed to get one if the SBM cockpits for the E model. It's OK. Casting is decent and detail is a little better than the kit, but it's no great shakes. Only got it because GreatModels had it (I think). Never ordered direct from SBM because I knew he was the guy behind Golden Dragon, as well as BUFFmaster, and had a long history of taking money and never delivering product.

You mean the Avionix D early and late pits? The difference is that the early set has the trainer rear cockpit and the late pit has the NAW rear cockpit. Also think the seats are the later SJU-17 NACES seats instead of the SJU-5/6 in the early set.

Yeah,thanks Dave!!

You mean that the first Ds were only for training?

And today there are no training planes left?

I'm currently gathering references for a couple of decal sheets for the Trumpeter/Revell F/A-18E/F. They are for another decal company though, not mine.

If you have good, high resolution, close up photos of the markings from aircraft you'd like to see covered, send them now. At the top of the current list are F's from VFA-11, 103 and 211 with mission markings.

Dave