Trumpeter 02204: 1:32 MiG-15 bis

LSP_Kevin

Guest The Southern Bandit

OK, I finally discovered what the mysterious flaw is with the tail; it's too narrow in chord, especially towards the fin tip, or so it appears.

That makes sense because I pulled my kit out the other day and quickly put my resin aftermarket tail over the top of the kit one and could see no difference in profile/shape and was thinking .. Hmmmm?

Will pull the kit out again later and check for thickness of chord with the two fuselage sides joined in a dry fit.

I don't think Thierry has done a tweak list for it yet either, but something like that would help a lot. I've seen a few of these built with care, and they can look quite splendid.

Well gents, I will leave that work to somebody else for a simple reason: I only own one MiG-15 and it is the HpH kit...!

Well gents, I will leave that work to somebody else for a simple reason: I only own one MiG-15 and it is the HpH kit...!

It certainly won't be me. Until Kag pointed out that there is a tail replacement available, I hadn't even noticed that it might not be correct. I'll leave the tweak lists to others.