MY SCRATCH BUILT 1:20 SCALE B17G...phase 2

fozzy

Hi chaps

So here it is ...(at long last :yahoo:).....Bomb bay all finished!
I had a lot of fiddly things to do starting with all the detail on the bulk head where the hydraulic pump and the Engineers circuit breaker board is....here are some photos.

Here are the hydraulic fluid tanks which is connected to the hydraulic pump further in the cockpit....

fds_008.jpg

fds_008.jpg

Here is the circuit breaker board for the Engineer to play with!!

bv_001.jpg

So here it all is put together and painted.......

zzzz_006.jpg

kkkkk_007.jpg

kkkkk_010.jpg

kkkkk_014.jpg

Once again I have thoroughly enjoyed my self with this section of the B17G.

I also managed to complete it before my trip to UK...which is good news for me as when I return to my office at the beginning of September I will be able to start a fresh on the next section which will be the Radio room!....I think I need this time off from this build as it is the toughest project I have ever done....I really was only going to do the front section....but I guess I got carried away with it all!!.

Thank you to you chaps who have been watching this and giving me support and help to get through the build....but I will need you in a few months time to encourage me for the next section...so don't go away!

I will post a few photos on RFI a little later

cc_023.jpg

Cheers guys.......I'll be back soon!

Fozzy

• 2 months later...

Well hi there everyone!

After a long break that was had in dear old Blighty! I have returned to my office in downtown Bulgaria where the temperatures are at a sizzling 32C...real feel 37c...so just as well I am locked away at my bench!

I do hope that everyone had a good summer...I know I did!

So on the subject of this B17G.......well I thought it best to make the second display stand.... which I wanted to be the same as the front section stand. In the photos I have taken I hope that it kind of shows where I am going with this project......here they are.....

bv_007.jpg

bv_006.jpg

bv_004.jpg

bv_005.jpg

fre_005.jpg

bv_002.jpg

I was thinking the other morning as how long I thought it would take to finish this project....and I came to the frightening conclusion that it will be another 3 years in the finishing!default_ohmy.png....seems crazy really but I just have to do it....and I do hope I have you guys on board to spur me on!... Each section takes me about a year to complete and I have another 3 sections to go!

I am in the process now of gathering info and photos of the Radio room section which is next on the agenda....but before I start building I think I am going to put together one of my kits that I have in my ...very small stash!...just as a warm up for the Radio room.

So until then.......see you in a bit!

Cheers

Fozzy