MY SCRATCH BUILT 1:20 SCALE B17G...phase 2

fozzy

Beautiful mate superb modelling going on here the techniques your using Fozzy are food for thought for any scratch builder keep going mate this is very interesting work.

Guy

Fozzy, 

Sir,

I may have missed it in all the previous posts, but what are you using or how are you making the pulleys for the control cables?  Im really wanting to do a scratch of my own (thinking a B-25J under restoration, to show off the internal detail) and it will have many pulleys.

You are amazing at this build sir

Вие наиÑтина Ñте гоÑподар на това хоби и аз оценÑвам, че ÑподелÑте това Ñ Ð½Ð°Ñ. ЧеÑтит моделиране
Дан

Vie naistina ste gospodar na tova khobi i az otsenyavam, che spodelyate tova s nas. Chestit modelirane

Dan

Вие наиÑтина Ñте гоÑподар на това хоби и аз оценÑвам, че ÑподелÑте това Ñ Ð½Ð°Ñ. ЧеÑтит моделиране
Дан
Вие наиÑтина Ñте гоÑподар на това хоби и аз оценÑвам, че ÑподелÑте това Ñ Ð½Ð°Ñ. ЧеÑтит моделиранеВие наиÑтина Ñте гоÑподар на това хоби и аз оценÑвам, че ÑподелÑте това Ñ Ð½Ð°Ñ. ЧеÑтит моделиране
Дан

Дан
Vie naistina ste gospodar na tova khobi i az otsenyavam, che spodelyate tova s nas. Chestit modelirane
Dan
Дан
Dan
Dan

Fozzy, 

Sir,

I may have missed it in all the previous posts, but what are you using or how are you making the pulleys for the control cables?  Im really wanting to do a scratch of my own (thinking a B-25J under restoration, to show off the internal detail) and it will have many pulleys.

You are amazing at this build sir

Дан

Dan

Дан

Вие наиÑтина Ñте гоÑподар на това хоби и аз оценÑвам, че ÑподелÑте това Ñ Ð½Ð°Ñ. ЧеÑтит моделиранеВие наиÑтина Ñте гоÑподар на това хоби и аз оценÑвам, че ÑподелÑте това Ñ Ð½Ð°Ñ. ЧеÑтит моделиране

Дан

Дан

Dan

Дан

Dan

Dan

Hi Dan

I am an English man living in Bulgaria so you can use English! ;).

So the pulleys? The pulleys for the cables don't actually work (display purposes only!) and so I shaped them out of plastic scrap....easy to do!

Cheers....Fozzy

Sorry sir, that's what I get for THINKING!!!!

Thanks for the information on the Pulleys

Again sorry for the Bulgarian

Dan

:oops:

Hey Dan..please no need for apologies mate!....I would have done the same! :) ...good Bulgarian translation btw!

Martin

found some interesting photo albums on this guy's FB page, not least of which is a B-17G

https://www.facebook.com/Randy.Malmstrom/media_set?set=a.946786125349045.1073742010.100000529987087&type=3

Hey Rich....thanks a lot mate! :)  ....some real great photos on his page which will help me along the way! ;)

Good afternoon all

At long last I managed to get to my work bench and continue with the bomb bay!default_smile.png

I decided in the end to construct the bomb bay doors before doing anything else....mainly because I thought that this was going to be laborious and time consuming...and of course I was right!default_sad.png....but they had to be built and I can say that I have completed the Port door so far!....starting the Starboard door later today.

Here is the same photo as in the last post to show you and a reminder of the shape of the ribs that I had to make out of plastic.......

vv%20001_zpsfxi1zlql.jpg

Then came the laborious part of making up 20 of them!default_ohmy.png

vv%20003_zps29y6cgwp.jpg

The ribs were then glued onto a sheet of plastic and then the various other parts made from plastic glued into position making up the Port bomb bay door.......

byt%20003_zps9k1mwnqa.jpg

byt%20005_zpsoqid133x.jpg

Here it is offered into position on the Bombay............

byt%20007_zps38hsicez.jpg

byt%20011_zpsxyustbs6.jpg

So now I have to do the same again for the Starboard door!

I will also have to place the brackets for the piston arm that operates the opening and closing of the doors as well as the pins that I will use as the door hinges....but I will do that when I attach the doors.....and before you ask....no the doors will not be able to open and closedefault_wink.png.....they will be fixed in the open position!

So I'll get back to you when that's completedefault_smile.png

Thanks for looking in

Fozzy

Hi everyone

Well as you can see Photo Bucket have put a sudden block on all my photos to this post wanting to charge the ridiculous amount of $399 to link my photos.

Of course I am not alone and many other modellers here are in the same position.

It has taken me some time to calm down I have to say ...when I found out this afternoon as I was about to post a new posting that all my ...and indeed other modellers.... hard work has just been wasted........ years of posting our articles...all gone over night!

I am going to wait a while to see what happens with Photo Bucket in case its a scam or they come to their senses and drop the hosting charge considerably.......but I shall not be holding my breath.....mean while I shall continue to build my B17G and if any of you are interested you can go to my Facebook page to see some updated photos........

...............................................https://www.facebook.com/martinfostersscratchbuiltmodels/

I will be back once things have settled down....BTW...if any one knows of a simple photo hosting service...give me a shout!

Cheers

Fozzy