Italeri 1/32 Mirage IIIO - Brick's A3-10

AndrewDoppel

Love the story Brick.  The Mirage would have to be my all time favourite fast jet.  I think I was about 13-14 years of age when I first laid eyes on one flying at the Laverton and then Tullamarine air shows and was just gobsmacked by the look and sheer power displayed.

In relation to their glide ability I guess that's why it was called a lawn dart when the pilot punched out?

Regards

Andrew   

Perhaps a bit of video action for your build log, Andrew.

A3-10 went unserviceable on the day I did my final flight ever in a Mirage IIIO, dammit.  And, unfortunately, the guy who got some 8mm film of it failed to get some of my best stuff.  Anyway, for what it's worth, here I am making a fool of myself (but greatly enjoying it anyway):

Edited by Brick

Great clip Brick.  As Eric said, pity about the quality.  I could hear the sheer power these things had.  

As can be seen in the next two images there's an issue with the pitot fitting into the nose cone.  I corrected this by punching out a 4mm disk, drilling a hole through the centre, fitting the pitot and then puttying and sanding the nose to shape.

20161030_210637_zpsvab3dcvb.jpg

20161030_210733_zpsczldhfsb.jpg

Here she's up on her long slender legs like the mistress she is.  I've bypassed a couple of updates as I've had some issues with Photobucket.  What I can tell you is everything is together and the decalling has been started as you'll see below.

20161031_142910_zpsokl22nrn.jpg

brick%202_zpsr96othqf.png

Happy with this look.  Just awaiting the name titles as can be seen under the canopy.  Hope to finish decalling by Friday arvo so that the weathering/wash can be done and everything wrapped up for ScaleAct Canberra next Saturday week.

20161102_131738_zpskvchx0lb.jpg

Regards

Andrew

Edited by AndrewDoppel

• 2 weeks later...