Korean War MiG-15bis (flown by Russian Ace)

LSP_K2

I hope so....Harv

And here we are, Harv. With the Tony now behind me, I've resumed some work on this thing. One additional problem has now been revealed; when looking down the throat (as some zealot judge with a flashlight will surely do, and I've done the reverse of here, using my TAC light to illuminate from behind), the wing connection area is quite visible. Since I've decided that for contest purposes, I'll be adding an FOD cover, I'm not going to worry about this, but it's good to be aware of, in case I later decide to go whole hog nuts on this machine. Either way, I'll have to commit pretty quickly, as I intend to start painting the 'pit very soon.

-15%20pit%20in%20003_zpsmjt75eg1.jpg

I lucked out here, as the sandwiched 'pit and splitter extension are a pretty snug fit. Here I've now added the support ledge for rear of tub. Splitter needs to be adjusted somewhat though, as it's slightly twisted to starboard, so that shelf (for front of tub) has not yet been added. Either way, this method allows for complete and solid support, while also remaining out of sight.

-15%20pit%20in%20002_zpsjnd1osro.jpg

Nice Kevin. The only drawback to FOD covers is , its a waste of the great resin splitter section.........Harv

Only for the contest(s), Harv. I'll have it open most of the time, like when I shoot photos for the site, and display it here in the house.