32SIG/LSP Telford 2016

Royboy

Even if you have no models for the display - please feel free to call the stand 'home' - one of the great things about Telford is catching up/meeting everyone - please pull up a seat and have a natter!

Roy - looks like mini-me will be present this year - and he's working on a "Komet" that he'd like to display if finished.

Iain

• 2 weeks later...

Floor plans are up on the IPMS(UK) site:  http://ipmsuk.org/ipms-scale-modelworld/scale-modelworld-floor-plan/

Looks like LSP/32SIG are in Hall 2, block 2H, next to my old buddies from Avon http://ipmsuk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2016-Hall-2-CJA-exhibitors.pdf

Milton Keynes is in Hall 1 at the same end, so I won't have to walk too far between the two.

Hi chaps - can I ask what your thoughts are re the IPMS rules regarding 'set up' access on the Friday and Saturday at Telford?

IPMS Bolton has been told that 'ordinary' members -i.e. those without one of the 4 'set up' bands, which I understand are issued on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning - WILL NOT be allowed to carry boxes in after queuing up from 0900. So we're asking what you do if you miss the 0800 to 0845 access window? Chaos could well ensue! Then again we may be wrong!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Steve S.

I don't know about "will not be allowed"; if that's the case I have a problem, as I'm not likely to arrive until about 08:30-09:00 Saturday, probably too late to get them to the rear doors.  I've never been aware of an issue in this respect in past years, but of course things do change.  I can understand that it's not a good thing to have people carrying huge piles of boxes which the bearer cannot see over.  But if I can't take my two boxes (not a huge pile) in that's a couple of models fewer on two stands - my club and LSP/32 SIG.

Maybe I'll find out more next Wednesday, which is the club meeting before SMW. 

I'm working on the Bronco V-1 Fi-103 RE-4 so will bring that along if it's done.. I'm really hoping so it just depends how well the paint job goes. Should be quite smart when done.

Don't think I will bring anything else with me, mainly because I'm going to be quite busy over the weekend and want to limit what I'm taking.

I'm afraid life has got in the way again of coming to Telford for the weekend, (hotel etc booked and all)....sorry chaps.  I hope to make it for one of the days, more likely Sunday but I just can't manage the whole weekend due to other commitments. :(

Max

Yes - access bands are limited this year for set-up - but am sure we can probably sort something about getting models in via mobile call when you arrive.

If anyone wants my mobile number please drop me a PM here  :)

Iain

Yes - access bands are limited this year for set-up - but am sure we can probably sort something about getting models in via mobile call when you arrive.

If anyone wants my mobile number please drop me a PM here  :)

Iain

Will you be wanting my assistance again this year? 

Hi chaps - can I ask what your thoughts are re the IPMS rules regarding 'set up' access on the Friday and Saturday at Telford?

IPMS Bolton has been told that 'ordinary' members -i.e. those without one of the 4 'set up' bands, which I understand are issued on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning - WILL NOT be allowed to carry boxes in after queuing up from 0900. So we're asking what you do if you miss the 0800 to 0845 access window? Chaos could well ensue! Then again we may be wrong!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Steve S.

I don't know about "will not be allowed"; if that's the case I have a problem, as I'm not likely to arrive until about 08:30-09:00 Saturday, probably too late to get them to the rear doors. I've never been aware of an issue in this respect in past years, but of course things do change. I can understand that it's not a good thing to have people carrying huge piles of boxes which the bearer cannot see over. But if I can't take my two boxes (not a huge pile) in that's a couple of models fewer on two stands - my club and LSP/32 SIG.

Maybe I'll find out more next Wednesday, which is the club meeting before SMW.

Evening Gents,

my understanding is this has come from the TIC leaving the EC as the "message bearers". In short, too many 'spare' bodies wandering about, and as our club has been on door duty on Friday afternoon/evening a few times in the last few years, a definite YES! When you have vehicles varying in size from standard car to LWB high top Merc sprinters, the last thing you need is an unaccompanied 'muppet' holding a conversation in the middle of an access point.

Luckily, I have the volume of an RSM (with a toothache!)

and take the time to politely ask them to move their collective arses, but less politely!!ðŸ˜ðŸ˜‡ðŸ˜ˆ

The good? news is that each club and EACH SiG gets 4 wristbands, so if your a member of either/ both its not as bad as first thought.

HTH

Paul