Tamiya F4U-1A VF-17 some progress

robertandy

Thanks guys, the fit of this kit is amazing.  I thought the Mustang fit well, the corsair fit is just crazy good!  Tamiya did mystify me with no wing guns, not eve barrels.  I know you won't see much, but just holes?  Also the wheels/tires leave something to be desired so I bought the Barracuda resin smooth tread ones, for MG barrels I bought a set quick boost .50 cal barrels.  They are meant for the HK models B-17, but for what you will see through the holes in the front of the wing I think they will work.

Thanks guys, the fit of this kit is amazing.  I thought the Mustang fit well, the corsair fit is just crazy good!  Tamiya did mystify me with no wing guns, not eve barrels.  I know you won't see much, but just holes?  Also the wheels/tires leave something to be desired so I bought the Barracuda resin smooth tread ones, for MG barrels I bought a set quick boost .50 cal barrels.  They are meant for the HK models B-17, but for what you will see through the holes in the front of the wing I think they will work.

The lack of gun barrels is the most controversial aspect of the Tamiya Corsair. I can see and understand both sides of the argument, for and against.

Where i come down is, in many if not all photos, the gun muzzles are taped over, and so i tape over mine. Tamiya probably considered not only that, but probably also the prospect of opening up the whole outer gun bay area. Considering how much of an over-engineered  mess the Trumpeter Corsair is, i think Tamiya thought it best to keep things simple. I can't blame them.

-d-