JRutman

Prepping figures

Even the hangover would be better than a Russian POW camp ...

Kev,Troy and th Dude !

Thanks a bunch guys for the great comments as always.  Yes,some of those poor sods didn't get back to Germany for 10 years after the war ! Konrad Adenauer made it a diplomatic priority and got most of them released.

J

Jerry,

Your figures are EXQUISITE .

I always look at your figures  even the animals  and find that you capture every nuances  of their caricatures and characteristics. 

The sadness , the sorow and despair is depicted quite realistically  ... every furrowed brows, the wry smile, the glanced shown just like one sees in a real person.

the animals are superbly done. their  stance etc  caught perfectly.  Even the inanimate  objects exude quality of your work.  The two soldiers are  going to look drunk and definitely"  sloshed " once the paint goes on: and you work your magic on it.

Jerry THANK YOU for such wondrous build.  I await with anticipation at the end result. 

:wow:   :bow:

Edited by MARU5137

Jerry,

Your figures are EXQUISITE .

I always look at youryour figures  even the animals  and find that you capture every nuances  of their caricatures and characteristics. 

The sadness , the sorow and despair is depicted quite realistically  ... every furrowed brows, the wry smile, the glanced shown just like one sees in a real person.

the animals are superbly done. their  stance etc  caught perfectly.  Even the inanimate  objects exude quality of your work.  The two soldiers are  going to look drunk and definitely"  sloshed " once the paint goes on: and you work your magic on it.

Jerry THANK YOU for such wondrous build.  I await with anticipation at the end result. 

:wow:   :bow:

Thanks M I always appreciate your very thoughtful comments,

J

Got some work done on the drunk guys. Here is what I started with after cobbling three figs together and then removing all I didn't need.

IMG_1465_zpsslaf7c58.jpg

And now,after the third application of putty. Mainly the hands and hair areas.  Die zwei pesoffen landser.

IMG_1471_zpstvvquuay.jpg

Still to be done is smoothing out some rough areas. This is why I shoot some primer on and then take these cringworthy enlargement pics. So I can easily see the flaws. The shoulder straps were made with lead foil and all the buttons were from a generic PE set for German figs.

Jerry.

I think you have a very keen eye for small detail and the two "drunken " soldiers are already taking shape!

The mouth agape and eyes shut and lolling about like couple of "doolallies" I think you have gotten their inebriated stupor exactly.

Looking great and taking shape with precise work...

:goodjob:

:clap2:

Hello Jerry,

Fantastic I wish that I was drunk like that but probably wouldn't look nice like those guys!

Cheers

Boris