Prepping figures

JRutman

Somehow, Jerry, you just keep the amazing work coming. The realism and attitude in the first few photos were amazing, but the two drunk guys just rock my world - and they aren't even painted yet! What an inspiration you are - bravo!

Jim

Threads like this that makes me so happy I joined this forum. Superb stuff and I have learned so much. Been out of modelling for close on 35 years and just recently started again, The scenery has changed a LOT and so much to learn. Back in the day if someone told me get some weathering powder, I would have looked at them if they are nuts. 

Thanks Gerhard,it is very rewarding for me to know I may have helped in any small way and I am happy to see you modeling again brother !

J

Harv and JIm,

Thanks a bunch guys for taking the time to type something in here. Means a lot to me guys !

Jim,I am kinda stoked about the drunks. It just popped into my head the other night and I have no idea how but now it makes so much sense to me !  Kinda a good way to show the breakdown in discipline at the end ?

J

Holy smokes!

That goat is simply awesome. Well, to be honest, everything looks awesome Jerry. The despair on the womans face at the end of the wagon is fantastically portrayed. Love your work Jerry.

Can you give us a larger "total" layout to see what your ultimate goal is? I think you need half a dozen sparrows on the ground somewhere picking at next to nothing at all. You obviously have all the time on your side. Humor! Thanks for the update.

Troy

Harv and JIm,

Thanks a bunch guys for taking the time to type something in here. Means a lot to me guys !

Jim,I am kinda stoked about the drunks. It just popped into my head the other night and I have no idea how but now it makes so much sense to me ! Kinda a good way to show the breakdown in discipline at the end ?

J

Even the hangover would be better than a Russian POW camp ...

Even the hangover would be better than a Russian POW camp ...

Kev,Troy and th Dude !

Thanks a bunch guys for the great comments as always.  Yes,some of those poor sods didn't get back to Germany for 10 years after the war ! Konrad Adenauer made it a diplomatic priority and got most of them released.

J

Jerry,

Your figures are EXQUISITE .

I always look at youryour figures  even the animals  and find that you capture every nuances  of their caricatures and characteristics. 

The sadness , the sorow and despair is depicted quite realistically  ... every furrowed brows, the wry smile, the glanced shown just like one sees in a real person.

the animals are superbly done. their  stance etc  caught perfectly.  Even the inanimate  objects exude quality of your work.  The two soldiers are  going to look drunk and definitely"  sloshed " once the paint goes on: and you work your magic on it.

Jerry THANK YOU for such wondrous build.  I await with anticipation at the end result. 

:wow:   :bow:

Thanks M I always appreciate your very thoughtful comments,

J

Got some work done on the drunk guys. Here is what I started with after cobbling three figs together and then removing all I didn't need.

IMG_1465_zpsslaf7c58.jpg

And now,after the third application of putty. Mainly the hands and hair areas.  Die zwei pesoffen landser.

IMG_1471_zpstvvquuay.jpg

Still to be done is smoothing out some rough areas. This is why I shoot some primer on and then take these cringworthy enlargement pics. So I can easily see the flaws. The shoulder straps were made with lead foil and all the buttons were from a generic PE set for German figs.