Prepping figures

JRutman

Wow. I took a week off from this great post and ten awesome figures show up out of nowhere. Amazing.

Great effort here ,Jerry. I feel the Red Army being near. Those T-34-85 with the welded bedsprings on the turrets and hull rumbling in the distant.

This is looking great. Keep it up as Harv already mentioned.

Troy.

Murph,

Yes,they are thick paints but I am thinning them down a lot. And I mean a lot. They are nor adhering to the figure very well. That is the problem I am facing. I am almost ready to go back to oil paint for the faces. WAY easier to work with.

Troy,

Thanks man,I appreciate the nice comments. I will try.

J

Hello Jerry,

Nothing boring here all I see is your astonishing work!

Man you are like the Alien queen you just keep them coming :frantic: :frantic: :thumbsup:

and like Mark said the storytelling I just love it.

Cheers

Boris

I have nothing constructive to add, I just look and watch in awe... when I saw you cut the arm off the woman and made such a perfect replacement, all I said... out loud......"You're kidding..................... right??" it is excellent, I am learning a ton here..always want to do one or two lads, and have the thought of stepping into the side of oils, as I really have never had any luck what so ever with acrylics, in any shape or form..... maybe I need a tutorial on how to use them properly from you guys who know.... I sure don't...enjoying this a lot Jerry....

cheers

Jeff

I hear you, a journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step.. right??  I will try and give it a go..................................... acid?? Holy haven't heard that term in a very long time.. LOL!!!! :blink:   the oil paints intrigue me though , I will say......

Jeff

There is an easy fix to the paint erosion but I am usually just too impatient to remember it. You can drill a hole in the bottom of one foot in the figure and stick a wood or brass rod in. Then only handle the fig with that. But like I said I am usually in too much of a rush. I do have more patience than most. But there is a limit to it.

J

There is an easy fix to the paint erosion but I am usually just too impatient to remember it. You can drill a hole in the bottom of one foot in the figure and stick a wood or brass rod in. Then only handle the fig with that. But like I said I am usually in too much of a rush. I do have more patience than most. But there is a limit to it.

J

Jerry I always mount my figures on a painting base, the less I handle them the better. Also may I ask if you are sealing the layers of paint I find this is the way to go when after I finish painting the layers of the figure. Adding to this I can't stress enough how important it is to use a quality Acrylic Primer that is allow to cure 24 hours before the start of painting. 

Cheers Murph... 

Edited by DMurph

Since a few folks indicated that they were still interested. Here are figs number 33 and 34. The soldier is only about 95% done as I see from these blown up pics. The Oma is the Preiser fig I altered earlier in this thread and the sitting guy is Dragon with a Hornet head and some PE strap additions. I was wondering if my attempt at lace on the apron was effective ?

IMG_1394_zpscevovzko.jpg

IMG_1395_zpshwlsv6v2.jpg

IMG_1397_zpsiuc1sjbh.jpg

Edited by JRutman