Prepping figures

JRutman

Chavdar,I see that we agree ! Thanks

Mark M,thanks for following the blog-I appreciate it buddy.

Mark,thanks,I am vey happy you like it and "get" what I am trying to accomplish here in my fumbling manner.

You guys don't know this group but I put these together at the beginning of this and now have finally painted them. Family group with the boy from Prieser with a Hornet head a re-posing,undercutting,the mother from Preiser with the head re-posed and also the hand and the daughter from MB with a lot of re-posing and added putty,etc.

IMG_1375_zpsrx1pt9j2.jpg

IMG_1376_zpsqoyment4.jpg

The mom is holding onto one of the canvas roof formers in the truck.

Thanks for looking in fellas.

J

Finished figures 30 and 31 last night.

Here is the officer fig.  This is unusual for me as I rarely build officers. My experience in the military made me realize how little they have to do with everyday life in the service so I generally show NCOs as the leaders in my dios,etc. This guy is a young Luftwaffe Lt in a flak unit. He is a Dragon fig with a Hornet head and re-posed,undercut,etc.

IMG_1377_zpsi61icpk7.jpg

His pose will make a lot more sense when you see how he is placed.

The next up will be a fig I haven't started on at all as I just decided to use it. I will,in my own inadequate way, try to walk you through the process to get it to what I want to show.

Here is the start point. A preiser fig from the older and not as nice set of after the war figs. Still,it has good proportions.

IMG_1379_zps4onky7df.jpg

Oh no Mr. Rutman, your topic is one of my favorite, bookmarked and most visited by myself :)

Those little fellows at last photo that you post, are very much like an small citizens, get rest on your bench ;)

So much work, for so short time to give an real live-look, this make you the "G" Master of puppets/figures ;) :punk:  at 35 scale

With all of my respect :bow: :bow: :bow:

Chavdar

Chavdar,Jim,Brian,Shawn and of course the Harv.

Thanks guys for the support.  I seriously never know when people are getting bored so I just assume it is time to stop. Here are number 32 and 33. I like this little scene. The Luftwaffe mechanic is Tamiya,just re-posed a bit. The Mom is from MB and the kid is also from MB and seriously re-posed. I have been having a problem with Vallejo paint in that it is very fragile and getting rubbed off or nicked very easily. You see the little white dots. That is what that is and it is ticking me off seriously. No paint should be this fragile. But here goes. 

IMG_1382_zps4md46avr.jpg

IMG_1381_zpshxuemhsq.jpg

IMG_1383_zpsips4nswr.jpg

I also am having a hard time blending this paint. I used to be much better. Or maybe the extreme magnification is just bursting my bubble.  It took me a while to get the anxious look on Mom and the crying look on the kid. Not perfect but I think you get the intent ? Hope so.

J

Ok some guys anted to learn about figure re-posing so here is a simple conversion. I need this new pose for the scene. This lady is from the older Preiser set.

IMG_1379_zps4onky7df.jpg

I needed her to have her right hand resting on the trucks' side,looking up at the family on the back of the truck and also holding a hanky to her eye. So the hands had to go and also the left arm. Here you see the kid that will donate the hands and also the figure with undercutting finished.

IMG_1384_zps2oycitva.jpg

Hands are added and the left arm has an armature bent to shape from brass wire.

IMG_1385_zpshcnjzu5f.jpg

IMG_1387_zpsxx31vb8k.jpg

First app of putty added on the arm and also the hanky. Also the missing apron strings.

IMG_1388_zpsho3pec9o.jpg

IMG_1390_zpslmaozkbf.jpg

So you see a simple conversion isn't too hard. Just remove what isn't needed and add what is.

J

Chavdar,Jim,Brian,Shawn and of course the Harv.

Thanks guys for the support.  I seriously never know when people are getting bored so I just assume it is time to stop. Here are number 32 and 33. I like this little scene. The Luftwaffe mechanic is Tamiya,just re-posed a bit. The Mom is from MB and the kid is also from MB and seriously re-posed. I have been having a problem with Vallejo paint in that it is very fragile and getting rubbed off or nicked very easily. You see the little white dots. That is what that is and it is ticking me off seriously. No paint should be this fragile. But here goes. 

IMG_1382_zps4md46avr.jpg

IMG_1381_zpshxuemhsq.jpg

IMG_1383_zpsips4nswr.jpg

I also am having a hard time blending this paint. I used to be much better. Or maybe the extreme magnification is just bursting my bubble.  It took me a while to get the anxious look on Mom and the crying look on the kid. Not perfect but I think you get the intent ? Hope so.

J

Jerry your blending difficulties are a matter of consistency Vallejo is very think. You have to have the consistency of paint to almost dirty water several light coats will always be better than two thick coats. This is very true when working smaller scale figures. where the consistency being to thick can be amplified.

Cheers Murph...